Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

feeling better. ready to eat. :cool2:

slim - i have been reading theworldaccordingtoeggface and it is great. i have been going back through her blog and there are some great recipes.< /p>

carrie - thinking of you.

question: when they ask you if you are eating a cup of food how much does 3-4 ounces of meat account for? if i eat 3 ounces of chicken and 1/2 cup of veg does that constitute 1 cup? just curious.

feeling better. ready to eat. :biggrin:

slim - i have been reading theworldaccordingtoeggface and it is great. i have been going back through her blog and there are some great recipes.< /p>

carrie - thinking of you.

question: when they ask you if you are eating a cup of food how much does 3-4 ounces of meat account for? if i eat 3 ounces of chicken and 1/2 cup of veg does that constitute 1 cup? just curious.

I am glad that you are starting to feel better.

You are right. Eggface's blog has some really wonderful recipes. I have only tried a few of them, but those were great.

In my mind, what you described is a cup of food. I know that 8 oz is a cup. I have always wondered if they were meaning a cup by weight or a cup by volume. Of course, prior to my fill and the braces, I was eating more than that either way (volume or weight). I could never really get a straight answer. The little plates of plastic food that they had sitting out to give an idea of how much food to eat looked like more than a cup to me. Who knows?

I don't know either about the cup. It depends on the type of food too. If I eat mashed potaotes, I'm obviously going to be able to eat more than a cup. So I don't know. I have this glass measuring cup and I just try to imagine how much food would fit in it when they ask me that! LOL!

I could never really get a straight answer. The little plates of plastic food that they had sitting out to give an idea of how much food to eat looked like more than a cup to me. Who knows?

I try to use that plastic food as a reference too. thanks for the replies.

how is everyone doing?

I for one have finally come out of this depression. I am back to eating right. I think I had a gallbladder attack the other night and it got my attention big time. I am back to planning and measuring though I have no Fluid in my band. I talked to my doc last night and he is going to order a scan for me to check on the gal bladder. I am feeling great today however. Going to some OA meetings which I really, really need. Major food junkie here, band or no band. Hope you are doing okay.

I posted latest pics the other day.

Take care,

Corliss:thumbsup::)

how is everyone doing?

How are you? Have you started mushies yet? I know you said that you had to start all over with the post surgery diet.

I am doing pretty good. I finally lost a few pounds although I think it is more from the braces than anything else. I haven't been able to chew real food. I think I might be on the mend on that front. I do think I have some restriction now though because I haven't actually been starving even though I haven't really eaten a lot.

I for one have finally come out of this depression. I am back to eating right. I think I had a gallbladder attack the other night and it got my attention big time. I am back to planning and measuring though I have no Fluid in my band. I talked to my doc last night and he is going to order a scan for me to check on the gal bladder. I am feeling great today however. Going to some OA meetings which I really, really need. Major food junkie here, band or no band. Hope you are doing okay.

I posted latest pics the other day.

Take care,

Corliss:thumbsup::laugh:

I have heard that if you have gall bladder problems, that losing weight can make them more obvious. I had my gall bladder out well before I lost any weight, but gall bladder attacks are no fun.:tt2: Where are the OA mettings?

[quote name=slim-n-tn;1287434

I have heard that if you have gall bladder problems' date=' that losing weight can make them more obvious. I had my gall bladder out well before I lost any weight, but gall bladder attacks are no fun.:frown: Where are the OA mettings?[/quote]

Nope, no fun at all, if that was what I had, I really really don't ever want that again. It scares me because I dry heaved so bad I was afraid I could have displaced my new band. :crying: I did two days liquids and then started on softs just to make sure everything was okay and so far it all seems well. I know well the symptoms of a slipped band and so far I am not having any so It must have not damaged it.

OA meetings are all over town. You can go on line to www.OA.org and it brings up the general service website for OA and there is a drop box that you can select the state and city. I so far have gone to the one that meets at Rivermont Presbytarian Church in Hixson on Thurs. night at 7, the one that meets at Grace Episcopal on Tuesday at 7 and the one that meets at Unity Church on McBrien road at 10 am on Sat. There are several others that I want to try but havent' gotten around to it yet.

I have been open about my lapband in the meetings, and contrary to what I had heard and read, everyone has been very welcoming. I think it is really helping though I have not yet been successful in maintaining my food plan more than a few days. I will settle for progress right now.

Because of the galbladder I am really having to relook at things. I have historically relied on low carb when I was in active wt loss mode, but from everything I read about gallbladder issues it points toward semivegitarian without Beans, so right now I am trying to get out of the meat and into veggies and fish along with cottage cheese for my Protein. Beans can provoke a gallbladder attack so, I can't rely on them as a protein supplement.

I will drink the drinks if I have to but most of them are soy based, so back to square one. Oh well I just don't want any more pain and I need to loose wt anyway, so no meat, no fried foods, just a lot of steamed veggies and fish, lol! Oh also the major alternative medicine practitioners recommend Organics so my grocery trip yesterday was major expensive! :) They say eat better but less, so we will see. I think I need to break out my mediterranean diet books, though I can't eat nuts, most of the stuff they recommend fits in this gall bladder diet. I think I will just substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta in a lot of the recipes.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thanks, Corliss

I had my gallbladder out 3 years before I got the band. If you are having so much trouble, maybe you need to see a surgeon and have your gallbladder removed. You will feel a lot better.

As for me, I am having a colonoscopy next Friday. And then I am having Laprascopy surgery the following Monday. I am wondering if I have to have all of the Fluid taken out of my band for surgery.

Edited by Carrie_C

How are you? Have you started mushies yet? I know you said that you had to start all over with the post surgery diet.

I am doing pretty good. I finally lost a few pounds although I think it is more from the braces than anything else. I haven't been able to chew real food. I think I might be on the mend on that front. I do think I have some restriction now though because I haven't actually been starving even though I haven't really eaten a lot.

I am on soft foods now. I am doing better. I lost 12 pounds in that clear liquid week after not losing for a month, so that is good. Feeling like doing more now. Still watching food Network while I drool.:crying:

I am glad you are feeling restriction and hoping your teeth feel better soon.

As for me, I am having a colonoscopy next Friday. And then I am having Laprascopy surgery the following Monday. I am wondering if I have to have all of the Fluid taken out of my band for surgery.

I think it depends on the type of surgery you are having. I would call and ask. I would hate for you to be to too uncomfortable after surgery and not able to eat to keep up your strength. Is this going to be the exploratory surgery?

I am on soft foods now. I am doing better. I lost 12 pounds in that clear liquid week after not losing for a month, so that is good. Feeling like doing more now. Still watching food Network while I drool.:crying:

I am glad you are feeling restriction and hoping your teeth feel better soon.

I am glad that you are doing better. Stop looking at food Network. They are evil.:frown:

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Thanks, Corliss

I agree with Carrie. Have that sucker taken out. The surgery was much easier (to me) than the band surgery (and the band surgery was a breeze to me). I was up and at 'em within a few days. I had the same number of incisions plus one in the belly button.

I agree with Carrie. Have that sucker taken out. The surgery was much easier (to me) than the band surgery (and the band surgery was a breeze to me). I was up and at 'em within a few days. I had the same number of incisions plus one in the belly button.

Ditto to corliss