Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Had my 1 year post -op and fill yesterday. The office was packed. They were short handed, Brooke worked the front counter and did fills and they was working their butts off. (had a longer wait time) My past fills everybody would talk and compare stories I liked the waiting time because I would learn alot. (Like a support group with differant people every time) Yesterday was strange nobody spoke tried to strike up a conversation but no takers. The real problem is I was dying to let everybody know I broke the 100 lb mark. If anybody that was there yesterday is reading this please loosen up in the Dr office.

Congrats on the 100 pounds! I can honestly say that had I been there, I would have talked. I go in on Tuesday.

I was describing to someone how we have a tiny hole between our pouch and lower stomach, and they asked me what happens when you are sick with a virus and have to throw up. Sounds like y'all have some experience with that. Is there any pain from vomiting?

All I have experienced is PB, which is from the pouch only.

I'm going to Daytona Beach Shores (south Daytona Beach) a week from tomorrow!

Have fun! That sounds like an awesome vacation!

I'm going to Daytona Beach Shores (south Daytona Beach) a week from tomorrow!

Hey! I'm going to Daytona Beach the first week of August! Small world!

I was describing to someone how we have a tiny hole between our pouch and lower stomach, and they asked me what happens when you are sick with a virus and have to throw up. Sounds like y'all have some experience with that. Is there any pain from vomiting?

All I have experienced is PB, which is from the pouch only.

I haven't actually vomited. I have just PBed everything that I have tried to eat the past few days. I have had a lot of diarreha.

Hey! I'm going to Daytona Beach the first week of August! Small world!

Can I hop in one of the suit cases? I don't care who I go with. Carrie...Downsdc? Please? I promise I don't eat much...:cursing:

Sure! LOL! Well, I hope I will still be able to go. I am having some health problems and my have to have surgery, so I will have to wait and see.

I hope everything turns out ok. I hope that surgery is not needed for whatever it is.

i am almost scared to write what happened yesterday.

my pain was from a slipped band which was causing an obstruction. i had to have emergency surgery yesterday to repair it. basically, i had the original surgery all over again but without the port placement so the pain isn't as bad. i feel like i havent realized what happened yet because it all happened so fast. i went into the office at 9 and was in surgery by 12.

Thought i would let you all know what was going on.

my pain was from a slipped band which was causing an obstruction. i had to have emergency surgery yesterday to repair it. basically, i had the original surgery all over again but without the port placement so the pain isn't as bad. i feel like i havent realized what happened yet because it all happened so fast. i went into the office at 9 and was in surgery by 12.

Wow! I am so glad that you are doing ok now. That is so scary! I am glad that you were able to be seen in order to get that taken care of. I cannot imagine the pain and fear that you experienced. I am glad that it was a repair and not removal. I wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hey Punkster, I am glad you got this taken care of quickly. I had my band removed in September, I was in such bad shape after my slip. I had it replaced a month ago. The doctor who replaced it found a huge hiatal hernia which may or may not have been responsible for the slip. I sure hope all goes well with you. Life without a band was difficult after having been banded for almost 3 years. I hope yours stays put this time.

Corliss

I hope everything turns out ok. I hope that surgery is not needed for whatever it is.

The doctor thinks I have endometriosis or uterine fibroids. So either way, surgery is probably in the near future. I go for some tests Monday.

Oh no! I hope you are ok now. That's part of the problem of being too tight. It can cause a slip. I hope you have a speedy recovery.