Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Well, as much as I hated to do it, I canceled my fill for tomorrow. I am having some major sinus drainage issues that are clogging my pouch. **gross** I PB'd last night on my dinner and again this morning.

It was probably a good idea to cancel it. I think that was my problem the last time my fill was too tight.

Thanks Carrie. That does make me feel better about it. I have had a scratchy throat with the sinus junk for the last few days. It just seems to have gotten worse the last day or so. I am going to try to find some medicine to get it cleared up.

I went in for my 1 year followup today and I went ahead and got a very small fill. Since I have had so much trouble with being too tight, Brooke only added a small amount. She said to give it 2 weeks and if it's not enough I can come back in. I haven't really been able to tell a difference yet, but I tend to swell a few days after a fill so maybe I will feel a difference in a few days.

i heard a tip recently that i didnt know and i thought i would share. apparently if you have something getting stuck or you feel like you are going to pb but not immediately, standing up and walking around a bit can sometimes alleviate this.

maybe this is common knowledge I have missed out on but maybe not.

it seemed to help tonite.

I have tried that. It does help sometimes.

Carrie, I hope this fill does great for you.

I am getting really frustrated. I have read plenty of posts like this, but I will say it anyways. I have had my first fill and since that time(May 12) I have had no help from my band. A few things about my experience so far since the surgery - I have never gotten stuck, never felt like hurling, I lost weight good at first(6-8 lbs a week), I can eat anything - bread, rice, any meat, chips, cheetos, etc., I can now eat fast without feeling the discomfort I felt before(I still do occasionally).

Now, I know that some of the responsibility is on me, but I have tried and I am still trying. Perfect example yesterday:

• I ate chicken salad on a wheat bun for Breakfast with some more chicken salad on a plate for breakfast(it had grapes, apples, onions, light mayo and boiled chicken - so fairly healthy)
  • I started getting a little hungry and empty but I drank Water and some G2 gatorade until lunch. I ate a child portion of beef tips and fries at Logan's roadhouse. I did not finish the fries. I was satisfied, but could have eaten more.
  • Mid afternoon, I was starting to get hungry again, so I started forcing down water to get by.
  • By 5 pm I was pretty hungry - on the verge of binge hungry. I ate more chicken salad - basically a repeat of breakfast. I ate slowly and stopped eating when I felt satisfied. I immediately went outside and worked for a couple of hours on my daughter's tree house.
  • I was hungry when I finished working so I started guzzling water again. I held off the hunger for about 2 more hours but by 9pm I was going crazy

Okay so long story short - I can't even tell the damn $18K thing is there! I tried, but not very hard to get in for another fill to which they replied I have to wait an month for the first three fills.

oh yeah and as far as exercise - I do something everyday - walking between 2 and 4 miles a day or playing tennis on average of 2-3 times a week for 2-3 hours a pop. I also stay busy working on my house, yard or daughter's tree house.

DAMNIT!

They are not very aggressive with the first few fills. They said that they give you small fills to get you used to having a band. Otherwise, you would be sick a lot if they were more aggressive. That is what Tiffany told me after my first two fills. They don't try to give you much until you have your third fill. I know it is frustrating, but it will hopefully get better for you soon.

cmexlr8, I know it is frustrating, but hang in there, it does get better. Most people don't notice anything from the first fill. I noticed a big difference with my second, but everyone is different. It is normal right now for you to be able to eat a lot. Most people don't start losing good until after a few good fills. Just try to keep making smart choices like you have been.

As for me, I have started to feel the adjustment this evening. I tried to eat a Peanut Butter cracker and I got stuck really bad. I know I ate it too fast. Now if it would just go down I would be happy. :thumbup:

i didnt really notice i had a band much until after my 3rd fill at 3 months and have gotten a fill every month since then and need one now. i was super discouraged especially that first month when i gained 5 pounds...

speaking of needing a fill... what do you all think?

i dont have another appt until the middle of june because i got a fill about a week and half ago however i have now been hungry and eating a lot for the past two days. i was able to eat a waffle, rice, and a tortilla today (which i was disappointed about. i like having food intolerance. do you all?) :thumbup: do you all think i should call tomorrow to see if they can move me up or wait a week or so and see what happens with my restriction? i havent experienced this much hunger and what not so soon after a fill. i think maybe my fill wasnt big enough to begin with.

very inquistive tonight.

I don't know punkster. That was the reason that I scheduled another fill, but now (I think because of sinuses) I feel pretty tight. I had been able to eat every thing you mentioned. I say (just my opinion of course)wait until your appointment. It is just a few weeks away. That will give you time to see if this adjustment kicks in.

With my current fill level, I don't have any food intolerances. I can (and unfortunately have on occasion) eat pizza, Pasta, bread (at least toasted) and rice. I have made sure that when I ate pasta, it was whole wheat. But, I haven't had problems with anything in weeks. Heck, I ate waffles the other day. I guess it's obvious that the sinuses aren't bothering me anymore. I am calling on Tuesday to reschedule. I really wish I had rescheduled when I canceled the other appointment, but Tiffany told me to wait.

Edited by *slim*

I have a hard time with bread. I can eat a dinner roll sometimes if I save it until I have eaten everything else. And I can eat the outside hard part of a biscuit. Sometimes I eat that on the weekends with gravy. I can't eat french fries anymore. But that's probably a good thing. I'm kinda glad I can't eat bread because that means I can't binge on hamburgers and fast food like I used to. So it's really been a good thing. I have no problem with rice or steak. I can eat Pasta as long as it is the thin kind. But I was never much of a pasta fan, so I don't really care about that.