Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

i dont measure but i use toddler bowls that hold 12 oz. which is about a cup and a half. they are bright colors with fish on them and i actually like using them. it feels like my special bowl. it helps me keep my portions in check. i am also a member of the clean the plate club so the less food i take to begin with the less i feel obligated to eat. and i dont feel like i am being deprived because i get a whole bowl of food.

I don't measure anything either. I just eat until I'm full then I stop before it starts hurting. I have tried measuring in the past and counting calories, but it is very annoying to me to have to do that. Plus we eat out a lot and it's hard to figure out how many calories are in food that you don't cook yourself. I have been banded long enough to know when I am eating too much.

i dont measure but i use toddler bowls that hold 12 oz. which is about a cup and a half. they are bright colors with fish on them and i actually like using them. it feels like my special bowl. it helps me keep my portions in check. i am also a member of the clean the plate club so the less food i take to begin with the less i feel obligated to eat. and i dont feel like i am being deprived because i get a whole bowl of food.

Does your bowl have a top on it? I have been trying to find a smaller type of bowl for my lunches at work.

the ones i use now dont but i also have some 8 oz. (about a cup) toddler bowls for my kid that do come with a lid. they have some animals on the side too. i got both at Walmart. they are in the baby section next to the baby food. they have been really helpful in limiting my portions.

just had some low fat lemon verbena berry cottage cheese by rachel's, a new brand i found. it was yummy.

Well I thought I was right where I needed to be with my last fill, but over the weekend I started having trouble keeping solids down. So I had to go back yesterday and have some removed again. This is the third time this has happened. It is very frustrating.

I am sorry too. I don't understand why that keeps happening to you. I hope you are better now.

Thanks, I am feeling better. They said some people's stomach swells right after a fill, I guess I'm one of the lucky few who it happens to.

I am noticing more restriction in the mornings and evenings. I can eat a decent lunch. I can eat a somewhat decent dinner, but if I try to snack... Let's just say that I have gotten a little friendlier with the toilet the last week. I am not hungry for Breakfast. By about 9 I am ready for a snack so I have yogurt. Then I eat lunch at about 11. I have dinner by about 5. I tried to have a snack last night at about 8 and didn't even get the first bite down. Does that sound about right to you? Or do you think I might be a little too tight?

No, that sounds about right. It doesn't sound too tight to me. I really can't snack much at all either. I can not eat much breakfast at all, if any. I have found that sometimes I can eat maybe a small amount of oatmeal. Sometimes on the weekends I will eat a little gravy for breakfast. But nothing more. I can't eat much for lunch either. When I am at work, I usually only eat Soup because it goes down easy and none of my coworkers know I have the band, so it would be pretty embarrassing to PB in front of everyone, lol, so I play it safe with soup. I usually start to get hungry around 3. I can eat more in the evenings, so dinner is my biggest meal. I usually can't eat anything past dinner. Sometimes I will eat popcorn or some applesauce, but only very little. Stress also affects my band a lot. But it sounds like you are where you should be. Are you having any pain when you eat?

I haven't had any pain so far. Just that awful feeling in my throat when I shouldn't have eaten something (like last night). It is funny because I can eat steak, but couldn't eat a slice of lunch meat with mustard on it. I haven't really tried to eat real breakfast since this fill. I am going to buy some oatmeal this weekend to see if I can get that down. I know yogurt doesn't have enough Protein. I am losing more hair, so I know that I am not getting enough protein in. I tried to buy some Protein Powder (muscle milk), but I accidently bought chocolate Peanut Butter. I don't know if muscle milk just has an after taste or if it is the fake peanut butter, but is was gross. I am going to have to find something to supplement not eating breakfast.

I know what you mean, I am still losing hair. But it is better now than it was. I think I need to get mine cut a little and it would probably help. I haven't found any Protein Shake that is good. They are all nasty to me so I don't even bother with them. You also have to be careful with them because of the calories. Some of them have more calories than a Big Mac!! Do you like cottage cheese? I eat it a lot now and it has a lot of Protein. I also eat slices of cheese. You could also drink milk for the protein, but I don't like it.

do you think it is a concern to only be able to eat at night? isnt that supposed to be bad for your metabolism. i have this feeling a lot (cant eat much breakfast or lunch but can eat more at dinner).