Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

To keep my Protein up, I'm adding IDS 3 oz New-Whey Protein Shots (fruit punch flavor) to a 20oz bottle of water/Crystal lite per day. Just got banded last Monday, but when I get to where I can eat solid foods, I'll probably switch to the 25g version. After two weeks of Glucerna, I don't think I'll ever drink another one. :-)

Craig

After two weeks of Glucerna, I don't think I'll ever drink another one. :-)

Craig

That is exactly how I feel. I gave my remaining cases to a cousin that is planning to have the surgery this year. The thought of drinking another glucerna makes me shudder.

What is the best Protein Shake? I drank glucerna for the liver diet but I wonder if that is what we bandsters should be drinking now?

To answer your question, I have been using a Protein Powder and making my own shakes. I use a vanilla powder with fat free milk. I then mix in fat free/sugar free pudding powder to mask the Protein taste. There is a thread under food and nutrition that has 200 or so recipes for Protein Shakes. Some of them sound really good. I have only tried one that was peanut butter/chocolate. It was really tasty. If you do a search on this forum, you can find it.

Hi! Yep, it seems normal to have "loose" days and "tight" days. I know that alot of people are "tighter" around their time of the month. My last fluctuations have gone from an entire month of feeling too tight, to 3 weeks of bottomless pit. I'm happy to report that I just got stuck on a turkeyburger. I'm singing "I'm in pain and I'm happy about it!" That's warped, but I was really worried that it was slipped. I've been having a lot of reflux. Still going for a check-up Thursday. I also got lost in Cloudland Canyon today (still on a trail, but the wrong one), and ended up with an extra hour of exercise. I don't know if that tightened me up somehow- I just hope it last! Now, I'm about to make the 45 min treck to Chattanooga, because my town doesn't sell Greek yogurt :tongue2:

Now, I'm about to make the 45 min treck to Chattanooga, because my town doesn't sell Greek yogurt :tongue2:
I have had Greek yogurt a few times. The taste is pretty good, but the thickness is off putting. What kind do you buy? Also, where do you go to get it? I have seen it at Walmart, but the brand there didn't taste as good as one that I got at Fresh Market. I was thinking of going to Greenlife (the health food/organic type store) to see what they offer.

I get it at Fresh Market or Greenlife. I get Fage, or for a special treat, Greek Gods. I get the Fage 2% The full-fat is too much fat, and the fat free doesn't fill me up long enough. I get plain and add 1 tbsp of spreadable fruit. I REALLY like the flavored (honey or fig)Greek Gods yogurt- but it has a massive amount of fat. It's like a blend of Cheesecake and Heaven. That's only a special treat. I love all yogurt- but the Greek has a lot more Protein. Hubby got me a yogurt machine for Christmas- but, after about 14 hrs, I only had about a cup. So, I go there once and week and buy my 5 yogurts for the work week. Can't afford much else there!! I eat pretty much the same things every day that I'm at work-protein shake/oatmeal/lunch (haven't really found a good lunch)/yogurt/then dinner at home. It's the only way that I lose, and I have to make sure that I don't get stuck and have to puke it up- I have to answer the phones- they frown on that! So, I save the meat and stuff for dinner.

That makes a lot of sense. I should do that. I bought the fat free the one time I bought it at Fresh Market. I didn't notice it was fat free until I got home. I will have to go buy some for work this week. I have been having a really hard time coming up with something to eat at lunch. Going home everyday so that in case I have to puke, doesn't work.

Hi Everybody,

I had my one week follow-up at GBI yesterday and they say I'm doing file. My incisions are healing really well and as of this morning I've lost 18 pounds since I started my pre-op diet. This is my lowest weight for at least 15 years. They tell me I can now do light weight training (no more than 15 pounds) and I'm supposed to start walking 10 minutes a day (20 minutes next week). Looking forward to next week when I can go to a restaurant and order something besides Soup. :-)

Craig

That is great! I am so glad that you are doing so well. Enjoy that non-soup next week!

I am yearning for my sweet spot. I am not hungry and have some restriction in the morning and at lunch but then I am ravenous at night and have no restriction. I probably wont even lose weight when I go back :). Luckily that is soon. I hope my 3rd fill will remedy this (I hear it is supposed to). I know we've had this conversation already but tell me this gets better. thanks.

I am yearning for my sweet spot. I am not hungry and have some restriction in the morning and at lunch but then I am ravenous at night and have no restriction. I probably wont even lose weight when I go back :thumbup:. Luckily that is soon. I hope my 3rd fill will remedy this (I hear it is supposed to). I know we've had this conversation already but tell me this gets better. thanks.

I am on my fourth fill and feeling the same way that you do. Sorry. I feel some restriction in the morning. I can feel my morning Water gurgle. By close to lunch time, I am hungry. By dinner, I could eat a rhino. I need to schedule my next fill, but I am trying to see how much my insurance pays since this is the beginning of the year.:)