Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

I told her I was scared to be too tight. She made sure that I could almost swig the Water before she took the needle out. I was really glad that she did my fill this time. I can really tell a difference from the last fill where I didn't really tell much difference at all. She told me that she was just bumping it up a little. She said that she was putting however much was put in the last time. However much that was, it seems (for now) to be right. I can only hope that it doesn't all of a sudden get too tight.

You can usually tell if it is too tight during the first day or 2. Just be sure and stick to the diet they give you for the first few days. I made an appointment today for another fill, but it's not for 3 weeks. I could have gone in Wednesday and gotten one from Dr Fromm, but I told them I wanted Brooke to do it since she's the only one who has ever gotten them right for me.

I did the fill diet until Thursday. I don't think I am too tight, but I definitely feel the difference now. I wondered what kind of date they were going to give you for your fill. I made my appointment in December. It was 4 weeks from the day I called to my actual appointment. She said that it was because of the holidays and everyone trying to get back on track. I am glad that you were able to get an appointment with Brooke. She does seem to give good fill levels.

Can you describe an adjustment procedure at the Gastric Band Institute? I know I about a month away from my first adjustment, but I'd like to know what to expect.

Well, like I said, I could have gotten a sooner appointment with Dr Fromm, but I would rather for Brooke to do it. Plus I have to go for a follow up in February anyway, so at least I can combine the follow up and the fill.

Can you describe an adjustment procedure at the Gastric Band Institute? I know I about a month away from my first adjustment, but I'd like to know what to expect.

You have to first lie on the xray table and then they access your port. After they get the needle in, you have to stand up and drink the barrum stuff. Then they look at it go down on the Floro machine. Then they put the saline in. They make you drink some Water afterward to make sure it goes down ok. Then they take the needle out and clean you up. I will be honest, it does hurt when they are finding the port. But it doesn't take long.

They feel for the port then clean the area with alcohol or betadine. Then they insert the needle (it is much larger than I thought but it doesnt hurt just kind of stings). I think this is when they insert the Fluid. They then have me get up with the needle still in and stand in front of the flouro or xray. They then have me drink barium which is strawberry flavored I think and watch it to make sure it goes through. I then drink a sip of Water to make sure it stays down and then you are done. It only takes about 3 minutes. No biggie.

My first fill was very uneventful. You go into the room. They have you lay down on a table and apply some type of numbing medicine. They press on your stomach to get a feel of where your port is located. They also viewed the port using the x-ray machine (they only did that during my first fill) to get a view of the port placement to examine for flips or twists. Then they place the needle in the port (it is attatched to a long tube connected to the syringe of saline). They have you stand up in front of the x-ray with the needle sticking out of your port. You then drink a cup of strawberry flavored(yeah right) barium. While you are drinking, they start installing saline. They watch the flow of the barium. Next they have you drink a cup of Water. They have you test for your comfort level. They also watch the flow of that water. Once they are satisfied with your fill level, they remove the needle and send you on your way.

I haven't had a single painful adjustment(except the last one). They go pretty quickly once you are in the room. During your first three adjustments, Dr. Ponce is there doing the fill along with following up with any questions or concerns you have. I hope my information is at least a little helpful.

Edited by *slim*
forgot to mention the last adjustment hurt a little.

Maybe I'm wrong, and I just assumed it was numbing medicine since it didn't hurt.

Hi everybody,

I was banded this morning in Dalton, GA with the new Realize Band-C and everything went great. Got to the surgery center at 6:00AM, Surgery at 7:30AM and discharged to go home at 11:30AM. I took a nap when I got home and now I'm pretty much feeling great except for being a little bloated, a dry mouth (from the anesthisia) and a little soreness in my shoulder muscles (they had my arms secured cross-wise on the OR table). No nausea, no incision pain, no gas pains (yet). Glad that it is finally done. I'm looking forward to a week from now when I can start eating low-fat cream Soups and pudding! Then the next week, mushies! I have my surgeon follow-up next Monday.

Hi everybody,

I was banded this morning in Dalton, GA with the new Realize Band-C and everything went great. Got to the surgery center at 6:00AM, Surgery at 7:30AM and discharged to go home at 11:30AM. I took a nap when I got home and now I'm pretty much feeling great except for being a little bloated, a dry mouth (from the anesthisia) and a little soreness in my shoulder muscles (they had my arms secured cross-wise on the OR table). No nausea, no incision pain, no gas pains (yet). Glad that it is finally done. I'm looking forward to a week from now when I can start eating low-fat cream Soups and pudding! Then the next week, mushies! I have my surgeon follow-up next Monday.

Congrats! Walking (even just your hallway) will help get rid of the bloat and possibly prevent the gas pains. I am glad that your surgery was so uneventful. That is the best kind. Keep us informed on how you are doing. Any questions or just want to complain, let us know. That is what we are all here for.