Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know what type of surgery to do my doctor is kind of leaving up to me. She has ruled out of the band, but she's leaning towards the sleeve because that seems to be her specialty. When I met with another doctor he was leaning towards the full bypass. And now I am just getting mixed up.

The best thing you can do is research both procedures. The sleeve has less risks and your intestines aren't touched, bypass is more extensive. I went in wanting to do the bypass but then the surgeon educated me on both procedures and I decided to go with the sleeve. So my best advice to you is to research online. Best of luck on your WLS journey!

Look at the pros and cons of both and how you feel about intestine moving vs stomach removal.
Also the known outcomes of each ours is not reversible the bypass is but the bypass means malabsorption ours doesn’t.
How much weight do you need/want to lose?
Its pointless to ask people with 1 or the other who love their choice as they will tell you do the one they got.
What you need is to look at what you want after what the after effects will mean to you.
Don’t speak to doctors who favour either, as they will tell you to go for the one they like to perform.
Also any other health issues you have that might effect you after with one or the other.

I can tell you from my own experience I never wanted bypass and was worked with anxiety and kinda upset when one doctor in my team tried to force it on me as my option during one appointment with her. (thankfully my only appointment with her)
I was worried I had no choice but to have bypass and it was upsetting for me.
I know a lot of people who have had bypass and I get the good the bad and the down right ugly.
I personally know 1 other person who has had the sleeve that’s it and she had it 2013 so after me so she wasn;t my reference.
I didn’t like the idea of my intestines being moved or the malabsorption pre op I already had major malabsorption issues from major bad ibs I was on triple the amount of supplements I am now and my levels were always low very very low so for me I did not want to add to that with bypass.
And the intestine moving I dunno it just seemed too much to me like too much tinkering inside me and not how I am meant to be it just didn’t seem right to me.
A smaller stomach isn’frankenstiening my insides it just never felt right to me.
Thankfully my doc said he didn’t think bypass was a good idea for me because of my ibs and he saw no reason why I had to have it over the sleeve and give me a load of good info on how well the sleeve works.
He does every type of wls so didn’t push any in particular on me didn’t use scare tactics on me didn’t fudge numbers give me straight info on it all and that I really liked I knew what I wanted was the right choice for me.

Information overload will mess with your mind all the youtube vids good and bad all the info it will make your head spin like mad!
When you look at it all and know yes that’s what I want you will be ok.

Edited by sassypants