Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seasonal Allergies with lap band

Can anyone who has seasonal allergies please tell me if you have issues with your band durning allergy season? My doctor said drainage can clog the band and this worries me a bit. I take an allergy pill and nose spray daily and wake up a little stuffy most mornings but am fine about mid morning. I do have drainage at times and I am wondering will this clog the band.

I don't, but I've read here often where people with allergies suffer from extra tightness in the stoma when they have their episodes.

I have allergies to just about every darn thing! I take 2 allergy pills a day just so I can live in my house with the pets and the dust etc.

So the answer to your questions is NO. Drainage does not block the band and does not stop it up. If your band is too tight you are going to have this type of issue, but that would also mean you are having trouble swallowing saliva and/or Water.< /p>

In the mornings I wake up much like you a bit stuffy and a bit of post nasal drip and my band is tighter. I don't eat anything first thing the morning. In fact I won't have any solid food until around 10 am. I usually wake up and have a cup of hot coffee and then when I get to work I have another cup of coffee while I warm up.

By 10 I'm settled the stuffy feeling is gone and I'm ready for some solid food. During the day I'm pretty good even with a bad cold or allergy attack, so just keep an eye on your fill level if you have trouble drinking or eating mushy foods then your too tight, and a small unfill is needed to ensure you don't get stuck on allergy drainage.

Thank you so much lisacaron. That is very helpful and great advice. I really appreciate it.

Thank you 2muchfun. That is what I heard as well and what has me worried. The doctor told me if I am too stuffy I would need an unfill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches