Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a chewable or small B1 vitamin available?

The B1 Vitamins I purchased look like horse pills and get stuck in my throat. Does anyone know of a smaller pill or ideally, a chewable? If it tastes like candy you will be my new best friend!!

I take a multi Vitamin which contains the B1 & B6 vits, but for B12, I get the shot in the arm every two weeks.

My wife takes a chewable multi from Trader Joes. I just Googled for chewable B1 and there are many chewable B complex I see out there.

Where are you at? If you don't have a GNC or the like, your local grocery store should have something. Kids Vitamins may also cover what you are looking for.

Of course, Amazon can also ship to your doors, so ...

Is this for your current pre-op needs or are you getting ready for post-op?

You really do not want to eat B Vitamins they are disgusting!

I take B-12 injections 1 x week, and I have the liquid tablets that melt under your tongue.

I already take two of the chewable trader joes Multi Vitamins. In addition, my doctor wants me to take Calcium, B12, B1 and Iron. I did some research and did see there are plenty of B1 options available both on-line and in stores. I'm just hesitant purchasing something that may be another huge pill. I have an appointment with my dietitian on Friday. I will ask why an additional pill is needed if I'm already getting it in the Multivitamin.

<p>I take B-12 injections 1 x week, and I have the liquid tablets that melt under your tongue.</p>

I have found a B12 I like. I'm looking for B1 (thiamin)

Post sleeve they all seem like horse pills to me. If you are going to be taking Calcium, I would also ask about a Vitamin D supplement. My PCP had me wait until I had my blood work done and suggest Vitamin supplementation. I get it re-done every 6 months and adjust as necessary.

Have you had bloodwork done recently?

Post sleeve they all seem like horse pills to me. If you are going to be taking Calcium, I would also ask about a Vitamin D supplement. My PCP had me wait until I had my blood work done and suggest Vitamin supplementation. I get it re-done every 6 months and adjust as necessary.

Have you had bloodwork done recently?

Opps - Vitamin D is the other one I'm taking. . Pre-op blood work showed I was deficient so I have a high dosage one prescribed I'm taking for the next 10 weeks

Ok, I must need a nap. That is Iron I'm deficient in. Anyway, back to B1! Does anyone take a separate B1 supplement out there in Barriatric land?!?

I take Celebrate sublingual B12. It's a very small pill that melts under the tongue. Mine are flavored as orange. Easy to take.

Sorry...I fail at reading comprehension. I take a chewable multivitamin.

Try Bariatric Advantage or Celebrate. These are specific for bariatric patients.

For those of you that get B12 shots do you feel it helps with your energy? I'm 8 wks post op and have no energy and very fatigued. I went to my Primary Dr today and she did a ton of Bloodwork (b12, Vitamin D ect). Is I bad to say I'm hoping they are low because I heard the shot helps better than the sublingual Vitamin. She said I will get the shots if needed.

I'm beginning to think that I have the only doctor that wants me to take Vitamin B-1 in ADDITION to B-12. All B-12 pills tend to be small, so that wasn't the issue, B-1 was the issue. Which in hindsight i realized the horse pills i bought were vitamin B100! Regardless, I went to Walgreens tonight and found a 100mg B-1 vitamin by Nature Made that is small. The bottle of 100 was under $7.00. On the label it says "B1 is vital for converting food into energy." I just read the label of my trader joes high potency chewable multi-vitamins (which are btw- awesome. No vitamin taste or vitamin burps after!). Those do not contain B1. So there you go. I'm sure there will be at least one other newbie looking for B1!

Update to my last post - the TJ multivitamin DOES contain B1. It's just listed as thiamin. Im meeting with the dietitian tomorrow so will ask her if I really need all of these extra pills. They are all Water soluble so no chance of over dosing. I'd just rather not spend money on pills I don't need!