Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Maryland. Not banded yet.

Hello everyone.....IM new to the message boards. IM in the process of qualifing....My doctor submitted everything to my insurance company about a week and a half ago.....I have many questions.....I'd like to hear your expereince with your band.

Thanks,

Nancy

Lots of luck to you. I was banded almost 5 weeks ago and am doing great. I had to have a bit of an unfill the other day as band was too tight but I know it takes a while to settle the size. losing wight and not feeling hungry, what coudl be better...

Nancy,

I have had a great experience so far. I LOVE my band!!! I have lost a total of 57 pounds. I have about 40-50 more before I get cosmetic surgery. I am doing very well. My surgery went ok I had to stay overnight due to breathing complications...not due to the band but from all the medication. It took about a week to get back to work. I won't lie it hurt pretty bad. I am not a baby either I have had 2 c sections and a hysterectomy and to me this was the worse surgery yet. Don't worry though for about 3 days I was in pain but it was well worth it. It I had to do it all over again I would. Everyone is different though another girl got surgery the same day as me and she got to go home and had only mild pain. Any other questions just ask! Good luck!!!

Thanks Lise and Lisa....I hear mostly good things and haven't heard anyone say they wouldn't do it again.....Gosh, I hate pain....Will I get pain meds?....LOL IM a big baby....Screamed out loud in labor both times....lol....About how long after you were approved by insurance company did you get your band?

Nancy

Yes you will get painmeds, I got liquid Vicodin but didn't have to use the whole thing. maybe two days or so of the worst pain. I have 3 children, one a C-section and have had other surgeries and this was the easiest of all.. It just isn't that bad and just think of the benefits...

Oh the last question, turned out my insurance didn't pay at all so when I finally decided to go ahead with self pay the proces was speeded up. I think when you are approved they just have to fit you into surgeons schedule and for me I decided on feb 1st and had surgery on the 28th..