Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, New to the Board

Hi,

I have been lurking around this board for a couple of months. I live in San Jose, Costa Rica, and have lived here for 12 years.

I was banded on 3/29/07. The first night i stayed in the hospital and was in quite a bit of pain. Yesterday was better, and today its alot better, although i still have some pain, its like i did 1000 situps. I am on Clear liquids for 7 days, then am allowed to progress to the mushies. I plan on sticking to the diet that my doc has given me, I am scared to death of a slipage or an erosion, i know they happen, but if i have one i dont want it to be because i didnt follow the diet.

I went through what alot of people describe on this board, the first morning waking up and having doubts if i had done the right thing. My wife is very supportive and said that i had, and if i hadnt it was too late to worry about it that it was done.

I have 3 children, ages 6-11 and both my parents live down here in costa rica.

The thing that made me finally get banded was that my mother is very large, and has been really sick the last year, with alot of different problems. She is 72, and when the doctor was explaing the latest set of problems he was basically telling us that it was really hard to treat all of these different things, and if she was at a lower weight she wouldnt of had the problems and for sure not the complications that she is having now. My Dad is the same age and he is very healthy, goes to the gym 5 times a week and has no health problems. He has never had a weight problem and i have been up and down over the last 10 years.

Anyway, thats alot of rambling, dont know why i am posting all this, but i guess thats what these boards are for.

I am looking forward to losing, getting back to the gym and changing my eating habits.

Thanks For listening

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better. You and I are both lucky to have supporting wives (my wife had surgery on 2/22).

As long as you follow yor Drs orders, you will be OK.

You will do well!

Bruce

Thanks for the welcome. It could of been the pain meds that were the cause of the rambling introduction :girl_hug:. This is a great source of information and am really glad that it is here.

Brian

Welcome. I'm one day behind you. I too am doing it to take control of my health instead of watching it slip away from me. I hope you will keep posting as the days progress. I think having support is a huge factor in success. We can do it!

thanks Rebecca. Good luck to you also. I am looking forward to tommorow when i get to add yougart and cream Soups to my diet. Actually alot more things that have to go through the blender/strainer, so i guess my mini goal is also to be able to eat solid food again. My Dr. has me on a clear liquid diet for 4 days, so its been broth, Jello, juice, flavorved Water, and i had a protien shake today.

Are you in alot of pain, i was for the first 2 days but today i feel much better. I just have pain around one of the incisions, the one with the port.

Good luck and keep me posted on how you are doing..

Brian

The pain hasn't been too bad. I took Darvocet day one, but nothing since, except tylenol once, Today my pain has been more related to the incision site. I find myself guarding my stomach and walking stooped over, not a good thing, so I'm trying to not let it bug me too much and to stand up straight. I'm starting to get hungry,and have the runs a bit. I've walked around the block twice today, and I just trying to keep hydrated. I did have about a tablespoon of yogurt, as I'm paranoid about a yeast infection. Aside from that I'm following the Dr. orders to the letter.