Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Matrix Chocolate or Cookies and Creme?

If you have a mega sweet tooth, Cookies and Cream. I am a true Matrix 5.0 fan in a big huge way. I've been using the chocolate for months. If you like chocolate milk then mix it with 6-7 oz of Water (vs. the full 8oz) and it tastes exactly like creamy Chocolate Milk.

If you are a huge fan of sweets and like sugary tasting foods then it would be Cookies and Cream. Just got my C&C recently and tried it yesterday. It's far too sweet for me. I prefer the Chocolate.

Chocolate: 120 calories and 22gms Protein

Cookies & Cm 130 calories and 23gms Protein

Six of one, half dozen of the other in terms of calories.

If you like Krispy cream donuts, get the C&C. If you like Duncan Donuts get Chocolate. LOL!!

BTW, I don't want the calories and extra protein from milk so I have never tried it with regular milk. But I have tried the Chocolate with powdered milk and that was kinda gross. Water is much better. Not sure about milk in the C&C, never tried it. It already has as much protein as your body can absorb in one sitting anyway so adding milk for protein purposes is a waste. What you don't use, will turn to fat. So don't add milk for the mere purpose of protein. You won't absorb that much. With powdered milk it goes up to 200 calories and 30gms of protein. You can only absorb 20-25gms at a time anyway.

Ohhh, btw... the cheapest place I have found to order Matrix products is here:

http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/syntrax-matrix_50_sustained_release_protein.htm

They charge $5.95 for S&H regardless of how many products you order. A friend and I order our stuff together to save on shipping. I just ordered three bags of Matrix products (16lbs) and it was $5.95 total shipping. One bag of Matrix is $26.99 and that is over 70 servings per bag.

Shipping is verrrrry fast, customer service is great. I love this place. AllHeath or something like that.

Actually I have tried it both ways. I prefer it in milk and I used about 7 ounces for one scoop. I am so picky with my protien shakes and this really is the only one I have found that I could drink daily, even twice a day if necessary.

Due to threads like this I bought the Matrix 5.0 Orange Cream. They also sent me a sample of the Cookies & cream.. BLECH!!!!

I mixed the cookies & cream with skim milk.. One sip was disgusting, threw it out.. so I tried the orange cream with water.. disgusting. I've tried to make myself drink it 3 times now, 3rd time I blended it with ice to make a 'smoothie'. They're all horrible to me :rolleyes: I hate it, I was really excited from this thread to get Matrix. I've now ordered (and expedited shipping) the Protein Shots. Hopefully I can just shoot half of a shooter 2x a day and be done with it.

Ohh I thought the Cookies and cream was very tasty. Good luck with those protien shot. There is a lady I work with who loves them but I think they are the nastiest things I have ever put in my mouth. But maybe you will like them since you don't like the Matrix and I do lol.

How much Water or milk did you mix them with? They tend to taste a bit better if there is only 6 oz of liquid to one scoop of powder.

I put the full 8oz. I will try using only 6oz tonight, cross my fingers and pray... I really want to like matrix LOL. I have this big 5lb or so bag (I think that's what they are) with only 3 or 4 scoops out of it. I don't want to waste it.

So you didn't like the shots, but I was thinking it would be like alcohol to me. I don't like the taste of alcohol, but I've had test-tube alcohol shooters and I can do them alright. I figure I'll do the same with these. Not mix them in anything or drink them on ice. Just shoot 1/2 a tube at once. Chase it with Water and be done. Did you try this??

Due to threads like this I bought the Matrix 5.0 Orange Cream. They also sent me a sample of the Cookies & cream.. BLECH!!!!

I mixed the Cookies & cream with skim milk.. One sip was disgusting, threw it out.. so I tried the orange cream with Water.. disgusting. I've tried to make myself drink it 3 times now, 3rd time I blended it with ice to make a 'smoothie'. They're all horrible to me :) I hate it, I was really excited from this thread to get Matrix. I've now ordered (and expedited shipping) the Protein shots. Hopefully I can just shoot half of a shooter 2x a day and be done with it.

BTW... if you don't like it and if you got it from:

Just return it and they'll refund your money. Don't suffer through anything you don't like! Get your money back!

BTW... if you don't like it and if you got it from:

Just return it and they'll refund your money. Don't suffer through anything you don't like! Get your money back!

Just ordered the Matrix from said link! Cant wait to try it! I have been wanting to add more Protein to my diet. Thanks so much for sharing the link and product!