Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay I need some clarification so when I weigh my meat and veggies then I take the food off the scale then I add some fat free gravy and some shredded mozzarella. So does my adding gravy and like 2 pinches of shredded cheese. Do I have to include those in my weight. I think its more a volume thing. The gravy and the cheese really don't expand in the stomach. Can I get some feedback on this.

what im trying to understand is do I have to include the gravy and shredded cheese in the weight so for example my surgeon told me 5 oz per meal three a day no Snacks so I usually weigh 3 oz of meat Protein and 2 oz veggies but i do not include the gravy or cheese because i dont think it really makes a difference in space taken in the stomach once ingested. am I wrong isnt it a volume think really more so than a weight thing.

I'm not the right one to answer the question, but if you add those to the weight does it make that much difference? Sounds like it might not add much, but I haven't picked up a scale yet and don't have any perspective on what those things might weigh.

The whole thing sits in your stomach so yes it all counts, your stomach doesn’t section off your food like you do when weighing it you should put the plate on the scale zero it out and then put your food on plus gravy and toppings or extras for a full real count of what you are eating.

Okay heres the deal I figured out that I was trying to and did twist what the surgeon recommended as weighing my meals. I finally realized that i was manipulating my food meal weight. Im supposed to eat 5 oz max per meal and I was weighing my food then I would take it off the scale then add gravy and cheese thinking how it is trivial weight added. But that is exactly the mentality that got me obese to begin with. This obesity is really the disease of more. Im thinking of attending a 12 step mutual help program called Overeaters Anonymous. It really is a mental thing. I realize that my manipulating the weight of the food was only the beginning of a much larger set of problems that need to be addressed immediately. I am not going to manipulate the rules, suggestions, guidelines or what have you. I heard of people that had the sleeve done then years later only to regain the weight.

Don't beat yourself up too badly--gravy has been our friend for a long time, so it's hard to say good-bye! :)