Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well...I know whats up with my head now

My last therapist overlooked what was wrong with me, since it is rather rare.....turns out I am BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).....The symptoms do describe me to a T......Im seeing a counselor Monday, and Im very anxious and a little paranoid about it to tell you the truth....I just dont want them to hall me off to some place ya know? But I do need help, its getting worse ALLL the time! I now notice thanks to you guys (although I argued with you guys) and a couple of my friends that have noticed that something just isnt right with me....

I really just wanted to say thanks, you guys helped a lot!

Jodie, you are a wonderful young lady. Even though we have disagreed, I totally believe that you have so many great qualities and have had some major struggles to overcome. I have a bi-polar daughter so I understand the ups and downs that you face. If you ever want to chat or need someone to talk to please PM me. Don't be afraid or nervous about counseling, it can be very relaxing and refreshing. Also ask about a support group for people your age, knowing others with the same problem can make all the difference in the world. See if there is a N.A.M.I. chapter in your area (national alliance of mental illness) They run some wonderful programs ranging from depression to full blown paranoia schizophrenia. My daughter is 5 and attends a group meeting twice a month and is also seeing a therapist, (alternating weeks with us and without) and is improving each and everyday. I hope for a good match with the therapist you have chosen. Best wishes to you. ~Mandy

Denial is hard to deal with, but when you have people who you know love you and tell you there's a problem, you'd best listen. You're blessed to have people who care, rather than walk away.

Mandy your post was so sweet.

Good Luck.

You're not going to get hauled away for BPD, no worries there. A LOT of people have BPD. It goes undiagnosed every day. :)

Is this a self diagnosis (therapist "missed"?) or did you seek out a different professional?

BPD is not a big deal, no hauling away :)

MY sister has BPD and Bi-Polar.. and they still didn't haul her away.

They medicate her and she sees a therapist regularly.

Don't fret!

Hi Jodie, I understand how you are feeling. I am bi-polar and thankfully due to a great Psychiatrist who is excellent with my meds I am doing well. I have my ups and downs a little bit but it is great not wanting to sleep all the time or going into mania or worse depression. If you get treated you will feel like a new woman. Good luck.

They rediagnosed me a few weeks ago, they said I was bi-polar, but I just dont feel like I am! They have me on medicine that basically sedates me to the point that I cant even get out of bed or function! Im like a vegetable!

I have a bi-polar child and she takes abilify and it doesn't make her sleepy at all. Maybe worth checking into. ~Mandy

Just something to keep in mind. If you have the same patient interviewed in front of 10 docs, you are likely to get 10 different psych diagnoses.

Another thought is that when taking these kinds of drugs many times some/most of the side effects will get better within a few weeks. If it does not get better you really need to express this to your doc. If you continue not feeling better go to a new doc.

My hubby is a psychiatrist so I have to tell you, I am pretty opinionated on this issue. So take my opinion with a large grain of salt. :fish: I become verrrry frustrated with docs and I become frustrated quickly.

You are only 19. A lot of people would be hesitant to diagnose someone your age with a personality disorder, and for good reason, you are still very young. As a rule, adolescents shouldn't be diagnosed with things like that because, well, its too easy to diagnose them with personality disorders. Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish between bipolar and BPD and they can be comorbid. I wouldn't worry too much about specific labels for now. Just focus on finding the right treatment (and its great that you are getting treatment, btw). There is a type of therapy, Dialetic Behavior Therapy, or DBT that you might be interested in. Ask your therapist about it. And there are a bunch of meds out there and so forth... it can be tricking finding the right combo, it takes some time, so hang in there.