Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3weeks out, calorie question?

I know we all have different doctor's orders, but I'm curious....how many calories wEre/are you eating at 3 weeks post op on purred phase? Do you increaSe your calories if you workout?

I have been at 1000 calories per day and 70 gm of Protein. Need to stay away from any carbs except what comes from vegetables.

Fish sticks, she was asking about calories post op. Your profile shows you are still preop......... 1000 calories in puréed stage would be pretty unlikely to achieve without some seriously dense/fatty food

I have been at 1000 calories per day and 70 gm of Protein. Need to stay away from any carbs except what comes from vegetables.

I'm in my 3rd week, will be full 3 weeks on Tuesday. That said my "diet" during these two weeks (pureed) is getting me about 550 - 625 calories. Protein is averaging 70 grams daily. Workouts are still walking, and some hand weights (3 pounders) as I'm not cleared to life anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks total, so I'm not adding any calories. I probably won't add calories for a workout until much farther out when I can really do some weight resistance work to help with muscle recovery. Until then I want the exercise to contribute to the calorie deficit so my body will burn a bit more fat for fuel.

The suggested calories for my post-op plan are 400-600 through week 4 (puree), 600-800 weeks 5&6 (soft), 800-1000 weeks 7&8. They do later in state that 600-800 can be normal through the first 6 months based on what the sleeve can tolerate.

Edited by NotSoTall

I wasn't on purees until week 5, but when I did move on to purees I was getting between 550-650 calories per day and 75-85 grams of Protein.< /p>

I have never increased my calories due to working out unless I have an exceptionally big day with exercise, like at least 75 minutes of exercise.

I wasn't on purees until week 5, but when I did move on to purees I was getting between 550-650 calories per day and 75-85 grams of Protein. I have never increased my calories due to working out unless I have an exceptionally big day with exercise, like at least 75 minutes of exercise.

My nutritionist told me to increase my calories when I work out.

I'm in my 3rd week, will be full 3 weeks on Tuesday. That said my "diet" during these two weeks (pureed) is getting me about 550 - 625 calories. Protein is averaging 70 grams daily. Workouts are still walking, and some hand weights (3 pounders) as I'm not cleared to life anything over 10 pounds for 6 weeks total, so I'm not adding any calories. I probably won't add calories for a workout until much farther out when I can really do some weight resistance work to help with muscle recovery. Until then I want the exercise to contribute to the calorie deficit so my body will burn a bit more fat for fuel.

The suggested calories for my post-op plan are 400-600 through week 4 (puree), 600-800 weeks 5&6 (soft), 800-1000 weeks 7&8. They do later in state that 600-800 can be normal through the first 6 months based on what the sleeve can tolerate.

My NUT told me I should be at 900 calories at this point and I thought she was crazy:) they want me t 1200 calories by the solid food phase. Anyway, my calories increased to 1000, now that I'm focusing on getting my Protein in. 2scoops of whey is 340 calorie. I'm hoping the gradual increase in calories will break this stall I'm in. My protein requirements re 60-80grams daily and I'm on the upper end of protein as I add it to everything :)

Notsotall, I have the same lift restrictions, can't wait until I'm cleared to work out with my trainer again :)

Bufflehead, did you find you lost more weight out of the gate, staying on liquids longer than 2weeks?

I don't think 4 weeks on liquids helped on weight loss much - my weight loss the first month was pretty average I guess. My surgeon does it that way so that stomach swelling is gone and nerves are healing before moving on to purees, and we can feel restriction properly.

Bufflehead,

When we're you sleeved and how is your weight loss going? I hate my surgeon & her staff, but that's another post :)

I think that's wise, for the nerves etc and to feel restriction properly, I'm still struggling to understand my own restriction, hoping it gets easier

I was sleeved this past June and I think my weight loss is going well. I try not to compare myself to others but all my health care providers seem pleased. I've lost weight pretty steadily instead of losing a whole bunch really fast in the first few months and then slowing down. I was down 103 lbs from surgery (lost 55 lbs prior to surgery) at my 8 month surgiversary but I haven't weighed in the last 10 days or so since then. I started out (before my insurance required 6 month pre-surgery diet etc.) at 339 lbs and about a size 34/36. Currently a 14/16 in trousers and size XL top. I don't have a goal weight but I would like to wear a size 10 in trousers at the end of all this. :)

Bufflehead

Good for you, it's sounds like you are doing fantastic!! Keep up the good work!

I am on the puréed phase and there is no way I am getting 1000 calories. Everything I purée grosses me out. The only thing I have found so far I can stand is mashed potatoes so I am eating a few bites of that and mostly still just doing the shakes.

I am just over 3 weeks out. My NUT says to not focus on calories, only on Protein and fluids. My goal is to be under 800 calories, but I'm usually around 600.