Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went for a Fill today...

Went for a Fill today with lovely Dr. McKeen. First of all it's been since January 04 since I've had a fill and at that experience he wasn't able to remove any saline from the previous fill done in Nov. 03. So we decided to try it standing up, not a problem accessing my port, it's fairly surfaced under the skin. He ties to remove some saline, No Go. Nothing comes out. Pulls the needle out and tries again noda, nothing, zip.

So I lye down, he accesses the port nothing will come out. OK put some in and try to get it out, like I give the orders. Nothing and we try again each time removing the needle even using new needles. He gives me 1 more cc and tries to get that out and that's when we decide to stop. I have the (large) AMI Swedish band and if all the saline is still in there, this would put me to 7.5cc...I don't think so???

Discussions lead to possible slow leak or kink tube. I decide to wait a couple of weeks then I'm scheduling a Fluoroscopy leak check probably in for Late October. With that, I want a look at my band anyway.

I do the Water drinking test, I get allot of gurgling but all gos down. lunch comes and I'm hungry, all I've had was coffee and water today. I make a small shredded salad...Big mistake I should of had soup...I KNOW BETTER. Yes it came up. Go figure

I'll keep you updated

Vera..So sorry to hear of your ordeal today., You seem like you have a great attitude about all of it though..alotbetter then I would handle it I can assure you of that. I sure wish you the best and hope that there is no leak!

Vera,

I think it's very possible that you're filled to 7.5cc's. I also have the Swedish band and was filled to 5cc's for my first fill. I thought that sounded like an awful lot, but the Swedish band can hold up to 10-11 cc's.

You fill restricted, so I wouldn't think that you would have a leak, but I'm not a doc either :)

I hope that everything turns out ok, I'm sure it will. Hang in there!!

T

Thanks Lady's!!

I'm not too worried I've lost 65 lbs. and have about 30 lbs. to go. Even if I only got down to 160 lbs. I'd be very happy with my decision to be banded. The last 3 months I have not gain nor lost but have pushed the envelope of eating. Like eating pizza with crust and I've even had a few burgers. These types of foods I didn't have up until last July, and I still can't eat as much as could pre-band. So watching what I eat and exercise could be the trick.

Tricia, Its nice to know others who have our band type, keep in touch.

Best of luck to you, Vera! It SOUNDS like you have restriction by how well you're doing and the amounts you've been eating. Hope all is well!:)

This is exactly why I don't care for these hit and miss fills with no flouro. When you start talking about poking my tubing and missing the port. I get a little nervous. Especially when I've just had two surgeries in the past 8 weeks. :mad:

This may not be a big deal to these docs who make their living fixing these things, but it worries the heck out of me and my insurer. lol.