Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Got my time in today mowing the lawn. Rick said he was going to do it when he got home from work, but he has worked late every night this week, and we were to go to friends for dinner, so I decided to surprise him. It worked, he was shocked, and thankful!!! Now I'll spend the next week watering it just so I have something to mow again-----go figure!!!

From start to finish, with mowing, and disposing of the bagged clippings, it takes me close to 2 hours----it is a big lawn, full of trees, and plantings to mow around, an the back yard, has a fairly good slope to it. I was wiped out!!! But feel like I accomplished something!

Monday I am going to take an aquasize class with a friend. Not too sure about it, but she wants to go, so I figured why not.

Sounds like everyone is doing good!

I too end up doing a liquid day here and there. I might think about taking it to 2 days in a row or something. It wouldn't be too bad, if I could pick the timing. I don't think it could hurt anything. If you don't already have an issue with being dilated, then it seems like it would be, if nothing else a good reminder. If you are already showing signs, I don't know that 2-3 days is going to be enough to overcome an existing problem---but again, it cannot hurt it! Maybe it would get me past the plateau I am on.

In all honesty lots of things could likely get me off of the plateau, I just haven't done them!! So I am not complaining too badly!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Kat

Just think, we are FAMOUS! Hahaha!

By the way, Gig Harbor and Lake Oswego are two BEAUTIFUL places to live. I have family in both cities. While I love California, there is sure an extra sparkle there on sunny days!

NSV: I brought my trophy to Mexico to show Dr. Ortiz. :rolleyes: He came out between surgeries and was so excited. He took a lot of pictures of the two of us (eat your heart out, Betty;), his hand was around my waist. ) I am his FIRST patient to report winning a trophy in a race. haha! Next time, I'll be hauling that giant first place trophy across the border.

I ran an easy 4.5 miles today in a little over 45 minutes.

Hey DAWN, you are shrinking by the minute.

Hey, JULIE, how hard is it to maintain without being able to run? I'm tempted to have the surgery, but am scared to be immobile. It is worth it, right?

Hey, JULIE, how hard is it to maintain without being able to run? I'm tempted to have the surgery, but am scared to be immobile. It is worth it, right?

Maintaining is NO PROBLEM. I'm eating everything I want, just in small quantites and I'm staying exactly the same. If I'd lower my calories (hence the calorie challenge) I'l sure I'd lose even without exercise, but it's ok. Tomorrow's my "get back to it" day.

I worried that I might gain without running too, but I just can't eat enough with the band (absent truly poor choices like a tub of ice cream) to gain.

2 weeks and 4 days till I can run. WOOHOO!

I'm boring - NIA again this morning!

Had my local support group meeting at my house this afternoon. Last week I met Jenny (remember my new band daughter) and she had her surgery on Friday - she came to the support group meeting and is doing great. I'm so proud of her - just know she's going to be successful. I'm sure she'll join us here for our exercise challenge - Jenny are you listening?

Julie, are we on for tomorrow? A week of tracking calories - I'm going for between 800 - 1000. I also had Alan hide my scale - am going back to weighing once a week on Friday's - that seems to work the best for me.

I have restriction! NOW I remember what that feels like. Honestly, if we are struggling, the fill amount needs to be adjusted.

My goal for this week is to exercise every day, cut down on quantity (3/4 cup max) and sugars, and to make Protein a priority. Let's see what happens for one week!

I need tomorrow! Yikes a friend came over this afternoon bearing tortilla chips and tostitos cheese! :omg: Not good my friends, not good. I hit 1600 calories today!!! That's like 1000 more than I've had any day this last week! This is so wrong, I can eat solid meat again albeit slowly, and I can eat chips but I can't eat lettuce, what's that about? She brought a lovely salad with her too and I could only pick at it, the romaine just wasn't being very friendly with my band. Oh well. Betty glad to hear you had a splended day :) Mine was lazy and relaxing Sunday here with lovely weather.

Yeah Boo - me too (restriction)............I'm a bit too tight and have been putting in too many liquid calories - back to basics today......I may be a bit tooooo tight......can't eat in the mornings...........first time this has happened to me..............I'll work with it tho for a while and see what happens....................Julie, when you said you'd start on Monday with the calorie count - I stopped - talk about head stuff - thinking I'll start again with Julie on Monday - how lame is that? Yes, me too, don't gain because of this wonderful band and all my exercise, but I think doing all this exercise gives me excuses to add in extra soft and liquid calories.....gotta stop that and the only way for me at this point is to count.................so here goes again............Julie, I need you're support and everyone else................I really am not happy with where I am at......I do need to loose at least another 20 - 30 llbs...............hate that I have to resort to counting (makes me feel that I am on a diet again......I haven't felt that way until now - loved just being able to depend on my band to eat small quantities of healthy food).

On my way to the gym for my marathon Monday! Alread added my day of exercise..................look at my total for this month..................yeah, I'm a great exerciser!

Wow Betty you are doing great! As fo being too tight to eat solids in the morning that is very common with good restriction. Many are tighter in the morning and slowly loosen throughout the day. I drink my Breakfast but then by lunch I can eat just perfect. Any looser and I can eat way too much at lunch and dinner. It's a fine line I tread :)

OK, here we go with our food challenge. WOOHOO! Go team April!

I'm doing great so far. I had tea and a piece of low fat cheese for breakfast with some soy crisps (100 cals) and I brought my lunch, which I'll eat in about an hour. I'm going to aim for 800 cals, but allow myself up to 1000 if necessary. I'm having dinner out with a friend tonight, but I'm going to order plain salad with balsamic vinegar (almost no cals) then eat a real dinner when I get home. Normally I wouldn't be so rigid, but I really feel like I need to press the reset button on my eating to knock off these last 30 lbs.

Jenny -- how are you feeling? Nervous? Excited?

OK - Julie - I'm in for 800 calories also.............you're getting me going.......we'll loose that last 30 together.............had 535 so far today.............I'm going out with our kids tonight also.......good idea.....just salad for dinner............then I'll come home and have some strawberries for a snack!...................here we go! This is so great having a bud for the food also! Any other joiners of calorie counters - at least for this week?

Molly - we got our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - adorble Phobe in Gig Harbor almost 6 years ago............what a lovely place! I don't think the breeder lives there anymore tho. I've always been able to eat in the morning (at least a little) - so this is a bit different for me...........I need to get some calories in me in order to do my Marathon mornings.....I had a soy, sugar free lattee this morning and it had to get me thu 2 1/2 hours of exercise. Tried to have a 140 calorie Protein Bar inbetween the classes and could not get down more than a couple of bites. I did ok tho......once I tried to do a lot of exercise without calories and felt a bit faint during the last part of the 2 1/2 hours!!!!!

This is a silly question, but where do you go to find your calorie counts? (I told you I was never good at it.) I want to figure out how many I am consuming.

I am done eating for the day at 931 cal. I was gonna go fix some dinner but I checked my calories first and glad I did. I had some Peanut Butter for a snack and chili for lunch which took my cal and protien to where they needed to be for the day. I really have the munchies but am not hungry so I think I will go read a book and get my mind off of food till bedtime.

Boo, there are two places I like and I flip flop between them, fitday.com and sparkpeople.com, both are 100% free. Right now I am back at fitday, but I still use sparkpeoples recipe calculator.

Boo - I do the same as Molly thru Fitday.com.................if I make something like turkey chili - I just search for something compatible like canned chicken/turkey chili with beans...............it's a guesstimate, but probably close. It's great - keeps a running total for you!

Well, according to Fitday - 809 calories today - pretty close guess - I hope - for my cup of chili at lunch and my 1/2 c eggplant parmesean for dinner (didn't do the salad like I promised Julie) - the rest of my day was easy to calculate. It's not always easy! 800 calories is not much food - guess I know why I haven't been loosing! Last week I was doing 1000 - 1100 and it did not work - too many for me at this stage - guess I'm at the "got smaller - need less".

I'm going to try for 25 with my exercise this month............have to hit it every day for the rest of this month!

I hit 901 cals today, which was pretty good given that I accidentally fell on some 10 year old cheddar cheese and it accidentally landed in my mouth. What to do but to swallow? Wink. It was 350 of those 901 cals. I probably needed the Protein and I'm still within my goal, so it's ok. I'm really glad we're doing this mini challenge though because without it, I'd for sure be snacking on the chocolate chips that were left in my pantry from the weekend (until tonight when -- without opening them -- I threw them in the trash).

On to tomorrow. Good deal, all. Way to go on our first day!

Boo, I use sparkpeople.com too.

Okay, I'll try it. I don't want to miss out on the fun. :girl_hug:

I'm the type that hasn't balanced the checkbook in years. I just make sure there is enough money in there so that I couldn't come close to an overdraft.

So figuring out calories is gonna be a challenge.

I did better on getting my Protein for today.

Has anyone heard from Bluehill?