Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Hi All,

Yep, I got in my exercsie this morning. Since I am on a new training program I find it easier. I know what is going to happen before hand so that works well for organized me.

Things are crazy at work!!!! So I should get going!!

Bye all have a good weekend.

P.S. Julie- your weight just rocks!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/ 185/ 179

Exercise sessions this month= 9

Hi guys. This is my first post since having surgery. I'm pretty out of it still and typing is a little difficult. I'm off the vicoden and only doing liquid tylenol. I'm definitely going through the "What the f*** have I done stage?!" I know that this is the right decision and that now is time for healing. I'm just tired and sore. Drinking Water 2 litres of Water is hard and I'm exhausted from only 5 minutes of walking around. My port is right below my sternum so breathing is pretty painful. Thanks for letting me vent. However, I am excited about the future and I know that this discomfort is only temporary. But...Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. You guys are all such an inspiration....I can only hope to be as successful as you all a year later!

With love,

Yay Sheila grats on entering bandland :clap2:

I know you hurt right now but it really will pass and soon! The first few days are the worst, after the first week I needed no pain meds at all and just had a little port discomfort but no other pain. Get plenty of rest sip sips sip your Water and walk walk walk. That's all there is to the healing, oh and follow the post-op diet! You don't want to stress your band or stomach while you are healing this is sooo important.

Happy to have you here on the band side Sheila. Drink those fluids and let the swelling heal.................

Got a fill yesterday aftenoon - had liquids until I got home this afternoon and tried to eat a little yogurt with some mushy Cereal in it - just got a couple of teaspoons down and then realized I need to still be on full liquids a while longer! I have not had a fill in 6 months - so we shall see how it goes??? I'm hoping I get that good full feeling that I used to have after just a small amount.............can hardly remember what that felt like - it's been too long.

Dawn - you and Julie have the most awsome weight losses - you are both such inspirations. I know how hard you both have worked with the food and exercise - such a wonderful life changing year for you both.......and all of us too!

Exercise buds - If you have not already done so - go over to Julie's Tummy Tuck thread and see her tiny tummy!

Sheila - I remember going thru that just a few short days ago and I'm in a totally different place now. Getting past the pain and soreness ....then watching the scale move down...really really helps with all that. Just hang in there girly-girl.

Ok, I'm really, REALLY in the exercise challenge now, people! Joined a gym yesterday and went for a nice walk on the treadmill today. Don't know if I'll meet my goals for this month, but I'll give it a whirl!

Now I'm off to try to find julie's Tummy Tuck thread :wave:

Sheila, YOU DID IT!!!! Oh, I completely understand the "What did I do to myself??" phase. It will take some time to heal and then you will begin to feel so grateful.

I have a beautiful ring on my left hand that I love to look at every day. But the ring around my stomach is my favorite "bling" right now! (Even with minimal restriction)

Julie...WOWEE!! You are major va-va-voom! The shape of your body in that blouse is so pretty. I think I saw a little white bow in your hair, too. Gosh, you are lovely!! I am thrilled for you. You are one determined, disciplined, wonderful woman! Congratulations on the "fruits of your labors." And it will only get better.

(I am posting about my 5K next.)

Betty, Dawn, Terri, Kat, Molly, Eva, EVERYBODY!!!! Thanks for all of the inspiration!

Okay, today was the day! I signed up for this 5K through a friend at work. Because of my inexperience, I assumed it would be similar to the one I ran in November...wrong! The November 5K was casual, no trophies. This race was serious!!

There were over 700 entries in the race. My alarm clock did not go off. Weekdays have a 6:00 a.m. alarm, but on Saturday, I usually do not set it. So when I looked at the clock and it was 7:45, I jumped out of bed and rushed to get to the 8:30 race. When I arrived, there was no parking. I had to park nearly half a mile away and SPRINT to the registration. Luckily, I got my number and into this huge pack of runners that all looked twenty years younger than me. While tying my shoe, the gun went off. My heart was already beating too fast from sprinting and from the fear of the competition.

The route was also different. It was a large group, so the entire race was run on asphalt. There were three good-sized hills and the temperature was fairly warm. I was tired just getting through the first uphill kilometer. I thought it would never end. While younger runners were sprinting by me, I just kept jogging, trying to calm my heart down and slow my breathing.

While I was running I felt discouraged! I was worried that my time would be slow, and how could I possibly post a defeat to my LBT friends here. So I just kept moving. On Monday, I set a new banded, running record. I reasoned that my time today would not matter, because I already reached my goal.

After pressing forward to the finish line, I received a number #139. That meant that I finished 139th out of 700+ runners. The times were posted and when I checked mine, it read:

30:48 !!

I was in shock! I shaved off two seconds from Monday, WITH hills, a huge slow pack in the beginning, an elevated heart rate, AND at 8:30 in the morning! I BEAT MY TIME!!!! I am sooooo happy!!

NOW HERE COMES THE GOOD PART:

I got a TROPHY!!!!

(2nd place in the 40+ division) You would think I won a Grammy!!! It is on my mantle, haha!

NOW, for next year, I will win FIRST place, and will be thirty pounds lighter!

Wooooo, hooooooo Boo! So proud of our Boo! You go girl - 2nd place - how much fun was that????

Me, too, me too - next year 30lbs less! Got my fill Thurs and so far so good...........just liquids and mushies so far, so can't exactly tell if I have enough, or too much/etc! Going slowly this time, last time I rushed it and had problems. Was up a couple of lbs from my 170 low (174.5) to be exact and this morning was 173............hoping to be able to break that 170 mark next week -..........been trying to do that for a couple of months now and hope this fill does the trick for me - if not, I'm not waiting and will get back for more fill!

Had a great NIA class this morning..............and Alan and I are walking about 2 miles to a movie this afternoon! I'm feeing great and raring to go!

For our newly banded - heal fast - and enjoy this group of great bandit pals as much as I do!

:mad: Boo -- All I can say is that I am incredibly impressed. That trophy must mean the world to you!!! Maybe you should build a case for all those that are to come?!

WOW BOO!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so wonderful!

I just got back inside after getting my exercise in for today.......... I shoveled gravel into a wheelbarrow and then dumped it out along the foundation of the house......... (while dbf was inside veg'ng on the couch!) HOW'S THAT... (do I hear a roar?? wink.gif My arms are like spaghetti right now but I feel good, I can't believe I did it for two hours and dbf is shocked beyond belief... buy hey.. I have to give him credit, he's spent the whole week replacing pipe in the yard.

Boo, I am so proud of you---I felt like I was running that race---I can so relate to all the things feeling like they are conspiring against you---what a special accomplishment! We truly are PROUD of you!

I havw walked my butt off since last night, and I think I froze off a couple of pounds too!!! Which would likely show, but the hot chocolate I was drinking to keep from freezing---counteracted the loss!!!!

We had a new little filly born yesterday late in the evening. We had been watching the mare, and knew it would be soon, don't they always drop in the middle of the night!!?? Anyway, we spent all night and most of today, imprinting her---it is time consuming, but fun in its own way, and very worthwhile we find. She was sired by a stallion called Chance, our mare is Serendipity----so in that light we named the colt, Kismet. My granddaughter thinks her name is KissMe!

I am tired! It is about a quarter of a mile from the barn to the house, and I used that walk to keep me awake, and get some exercise in today. Last night I rode the 4 wheeler---today I walked. Probably totalled 2-3 miles over all. Not to mention, mucking the stalls, and tossing hay. I worked out today!

Tomorrow, we are going to work with her some on her imprinting, then some friends and DH and I are riding (motorcycles---not horses!!!) to the 4 corners monument. My friend has never been. So I am going to go and sit my smaller behind in 4 states at once. I'll try to get a pic!

Ok, I am off to shower and try to warm up. The chill from last night is hard for me to shake off. Since being banded, I freeze, I guess that layer of insulation was warmer than I realized!

Take care all.

Once again Boo-----Yea YOU!!!

Kat

:mad: YAY BOO!!! :D

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Standing Ovation !

My life is boring right now, just plugging along and realizing that I need a fill badly. Who knew that 25lbs would make such a difference in how much restriction I have. Or maybe I've learned enough about chewing that I didn't have as much as I thought till I started slowing down and chewing better. Not sure but either way it's time.

Hey, thanks!!!!

Tracy, my arms are useless because I never work them out. So you definitely get an ovation from me.

Kat, your life is just a dream to me. How rewarding it must be to help deliver and "imprint" the new colts.

Terri, I already joked to my family that my trophies will be all over the house soon. haha!

Molly, I desperately need a fill, too. I was unfilled, then filled to a minimum. I don't feel it and get hungry every thirty minutes.

Betty, I completely understand. When I was unfilled, my weight was fluctuating like crazy. It shot up eight pounds, then down four within a two week span. Although I do have a little fill now (1.4 cc), it is not helping much. I've not had a good restriction since last year. So, I'll go down at the end of the month for a .1 cc. Hopefully that will give me some relief. I really want to get losing again, but without the choke hold feel. We can do this!

I'm not banded yet but lost 10 pounds preop. The guy in the office next to mine gave me an extended hug, squeeze and told me I could expect sexual harrassment from him (he laughed) and added he had a vasectomy (with a wink). I'm thinking if I'm getting THIS and I still have 200 pounds to lose wha?wha? wha? will life be like?

Boo, I love your post recounting everyone else's comments.