Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Molly, I don't know much about reading disorders, but to me it doesn't sounds like dislexia, which (I believe) is usually the reversal of two letters or a single letter (d for b, etc.). A whole word sounds like something else. Was he being silly? If not, can you speak with his teachers who may have more experience with this/knowledge of how often it happens? Good luck and keep us posted.

Boo, woohoo! Congratulations on meeting your time goals. We're going to rename you Speedy.

Boo, Great time on your 5 km... I am jealous (but motivated too)

Waterlily, I am an educational consultant, and the mother of a child with special needs (my great 8 year old has Asperger's Syndrome). I would look at many things... is his reading and printing the only signs of deficit? (sorry to use that word), Does he attend well to instruction, follow directions, play with others and toys? One area that is becoming more reviewed is that of Non-Verbal Learning Disorder. Where the child speaks well, but has a very different way of learning- not that they are not smart, just in need of different support. If you google Non-verbal learning disorder you will find lots of information. As well, his teacher should be able to make suggestions about his needs.

Good luck to you... the road can be really long.

I had a great, tough,exhausting run today... but I felt like I ruled the road!!!

p.s. Julie... I am doing my best to 'catch you' (you should be so proud!!)

Have a good Easter everyone!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/187/179

Exercise sessions this month= 5 sessions... Going for Gold!!

Thanks for all the well wishes.................Boo, a belated BA wish to you..............time for renewal - been saying that for a few weeks now........and I think I've done great the last couple of days..........Julie and Dawn are catching up to us.................gotta, go, go, go! I agree, lets submit their names and accomplishements to Time Mag - Bandsters of the year!!!!!!

Came home drenched from my NIA class this morning - felt so good!

Uggh, AF keeps coming back every other day. I am serious I lost a pound of blood this afternoon! We weren't able to go to the movie after dinner because of it either :) All I have to say is I better have a good weigh in on tuesday or i am gonna be peeved!

As for my little son, there are so many possibilities. His teachers have suggested we test him for adhd because he has such a hard time focusing and sitting still. He forgets he was going to his room to get his coat by the time he get's there. He is very bright and artistic just very unfocused. The divorce hit when he was only 3 so that could have an impact too.

Well it is late, and here I am posting!!! I missed telling Betty Happy Bandiversary---so please accept it a bit late!! You have had a great year---I am so proud of you!!!

Boo--I had no doubt you could do the challenge you presented yourself with on the time of your run.

Molly--you may have to really get involved with his teacher---with my niece they kept trying to shrug it off, and just hold her back a year, they said she would catch up that it was just immaturity. She was not immature, she had several learning issues, and now has begun getting help at learning how to deal with them. She could write sentences in reverse---seriously, you could hold them to a mirror and read them, then the next sentence would be in proper form. She has struggled. I hope you get answers. His Mom not being willing to get him help seems like a form of neglect IMHO.

Sounds like you may need to think about seeing a Dr.....GYN. See if they can do something for your irregularity. I dealt with it for years prior to my hysterectomy.

Well I hope everyone has a Happy Easter---and manages to stay away from the chocolate bunnies! I will have a house full of people, and a yard full of kids!!! I got my exercise in today prepping the yard. Raking and cleaning in all the areas, I was afraid they might encounter a spider or something while hiding eggs. So my yard is nice and pretty!!! And my hands are not! I have a couple of blisters from all the raking, we have a huge yard! But it is done, and I got my exercise in!!!

Way to go Tracy---running!!!! And you now have another one on wheels!!! Time to get yourself a bike, and ride with the kids!

Ok, I need to get to bed, so I can be awake tomorrow!!

Everyone enjoy your Easter!!!

Kat

Hey Dawn, how did you get your daughter diagnosed with Asperger's? Maybe it is possible in Canada. Here it is extremely difficult and expensive. My niece suffers with it.

The backwards writing happens occasionally with younger children. By age eight (third grade?) the students are already learning cursive. The left-to-right, and top-to-bottom concept is taught in Kindergarten.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Well I hate to say she neglects them because I know how hard it must be to be a single mom with 5 kids. But she is the one who wanted a divorce so she could persue someone else, sigh. I try so hard to not judge her but let me tell you it is hard. We want custody but we need to get our finances straight before we have any hope of that happening. So for now we just help them as much as we can. I am planning on contacting his teacher and seeing what we can do. He never should have been passed from kindergarten and here he is in second grade still struggling with some of the basics that he should have learned there. I am going to dig as deep as I can manage without drawing her wrath, if I have to I'll sick my DH on her! That always works :) All my doctors have ever done is put me on the pill for my period and I hate taking pills, I only take the ones that are absolutely necessary, and as bad as AF seems this time around I know it will stop eventually and then I'll probably go 6 months without and for that I will be truly greatful :) My mom lost her uterus by 32 and I'm 34 so I figure with my issues it won't be much longer anyway, hehe.

What happened to our thread?!

Well I'm currently at 5 exercise sessions. Today will be 6! I'm getting into the biking and although my rump is sore, I'm beginning to enjoy the wind in my face and the gorgeous weather. (Why YES I do LOVE living in California right now!)

Today is my last day of eating. I'm nervous and excited. Tomorrow I travel to Fresno and I'm on Clear Liquids. Wednesday is the big day! I'm off to GNC to pick up some Protein Powder. Still need to do the laundry and right my letter saying I understand everything. Oh yeah and work. Yikes, Sheila get your butt off LBT!! Love you guys. Hope you're doing well. How did everyone's Easter/Passover/Weekend go? I miss you guys. AHHH I HAVE got to go!

Good for you Shiela :)

I went kerlplop this weekend :faint: nitritionally and activity wise that is.

DH b-day +Easter +Anniversary = too many calories and not enough excersize! It isn' over yet either, today is our anniversary do one more dinner where calories do not count then I am home free of celebrations that include decadence till October!

Okay, gals!!! Let's get tough! I threw away the final pastel colored goodies around my house. That is it for me!!! (Hope my kids aren't mad at me:angry ) It is just too big of a temptation for me! Oh, yeah, I still have weaknesses...the band didn't take them away.

Easter was wonderful and full of music! Very moving, indeed!

I know Julie is not up and about right now, so I'll try to put on that sweet south'n charm of hers. Y'all have been doing great! On holidays, the postings drop off, but now we are off and running.

What are your plans today? I will probably run and try to match/beat my time from Saturday! (Can't go until evening, PST)

Hey...Fresno????? I drive up there about once a month.

Yesterday Alan and I went for a great walk in a beautiful new park we found alongside the Willamette River..............so pretty............sun part of the time and then it got cool and started to rain..............so we got interrupted a bit - I'm still going to count it tho - very close to 45 minutes!

and then today::::::: yipee, did my marathon day...........want to try and get back to this 2 times a week............1 hour of NIA, 1/2 hour of Core and then rested for an hour - had a small soy sugar free lattee and gabbed with the girls and then did another hour of Strenghth Conditioning!!!!!! Way to go Grammy Betty!

Boo, my scale is not moving yet either..........still having trouble going back to following all the rules...........I have become so comfortable with being able to maintain this weight (within 2 lbs +/-) that I'm having a hard time getting back to "real basics". I sometimes am able to eat too much, and sometimes I get "stuck" so easily...........it's a bit of a puzzle for me! I'm heading up to see my doc this Thurs afternoon - think I need a fill, haven't had one since October...........but then I get stuck and then think, I couldn't possibly need one???? I want them to see under floro that all is well (no stretched pouch, etc)......and get their advice.

What are your plans today? I will probably run and try to match/beat my time from Saturday!

:update:

MY NEW 5K RECORD: 30:50 !!!!!!!!

I did it! It is a miracle! Soon, I'll be under 30:00!

Betty that sounds like a wonderful afternoon :)

Boo grats on the new time record!!!

My indulgences are over. As much as I enjoyed them, my body hates me right now for eating so many bad things like fried foods and sugar, I feel yuck! I can't wait for this icky feeling to leave and to feel good again! Maybe by morning I will feel a bit better.

Hi Team April!

I'm so glad people are posting on this thread again! I've really missed you guys and I hope that everyone had a great Passover/Easter/Weekend.

My weekend was VERY eventful. This month is just gonna be a new start for me in MANY ways. First a little history, my Dad died two years ago when I was a senior in high school. He died very unexpectedly and I renounced God and Christianity. I couldn't understand how a just and loving God could hurt my family so much. Weight wise I packed on over 100 pounds in the year following his death. I was always overweight (BMI +30) but never obese. I also moved across the country and tried, VERY unsuccessfully to start a new life. Anyway, I was consumed with anger and pain and I directed it at God.

This past weekend (after 1.5 years of therapy, 6 weeks at an inpatient facility for bulimia/binge eating disorder, 5 months of cathecism classes, and a LOT of 12 step meetings) I became Catholic. I took my first communion and was baptized into the Church this past Saturday night on Easter Vigil. While this may not seem like a big deal, I'm a really spiritual and artistic person and not having God in my life was well...devoid of life and passion. I AM NOT trying to push religion or hurt anyone's feelings. I just wanted to share what I view as a big step in my recovery from my Dad's death and my addiction to food. I am strongly against "religiosity" and the "show." I think it's pretentious and well, stupid. Maybe this isn't even the right forum to post this... it's just that you guys know me the best of LBT and as fellow banders you'd understand how feeling devoid of goodness can lead to a chocolate binge. Please don't judge. I just wanted to share my excitement over a big step toward the new and improved Sheila. Now I'm being banded in 36 hours...well I'm just grateful for a fresh start. Thanks so much for reading this VERY lengthy post. Sometimes you just need to see things in black and white for them to be real. I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, feel free to PM me. You guys rock! Seriously, with all your record breaking, goal setting and humor, I just feel grateful to be part of this group of extraordinary people. Thanks so much. Sheila