Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

APRIL Bandits' Exercise Challenge!

Terry - I'm so proud of you - keep it up - the weight will start to fall off - just look at our Julie and Dawn and Boo.............in a year's time they are doing 10K's and possible training for a 1/2 marathon!!!!!!! I can do, on some days, 2 1/2 hours of of exercise classes!! Kat is out there doing the wonderwoman thingy (she's truely amazing)!!!! Effica and Amourette are our inspirations from afar!!!! For all of you newly joined exercise bandits - think how this year we've done so much good for our health - just wait till next year at this time - we'll "rule" the world.

With that said - I slept thru my NIA class this morning - so have to go out and take a long fast walk (maybe I'll do a few sprints????).

48 hours post op, still on pain meds, but went out for a 20 minute walk. Somebody tell me how wonderful I am!! ('cause i feel like a total exercise weenie next to you guys)

TERRI ROCKS THE EXERCISE CHALLENGE!!!!

Dancing bananas for Terri!!

:):lol: :confused:

Terri, take care of yourself first though, ok? Still on pain meds -- we'd give you a hall pass on exercise if you need it. I'm so glad you're in bandland now! Woohoo!

Hi everyone!!!

Wow Terri is already out and about---just think how nervous you were last week. We knew you could get through it without a problem!!! This is where I am required to say "I told you so!" Awesome that you are already out walking---it will help so much, with dropping the weight, and your energy level too!

Molly--How you feeling? AF gone? My cycle ruled my life for years---I flowed so heavy sometimes, leaving home was not an option. They did not want to "do" anything about it. I all but begged for a hysterectomy, I was so sick of it. But no way! Then I get a cancer diagnosis, and wham it is out of there!!! Would have been so much better if they had done it MY way!!! Hope you are feeling better!

Betty--I am so glad Alan is doing so well. I was shocked at how quick Rick bounced back too---after such an invasion! I mean good grief, they literally down sized his heart, and he is acting like he didn't have anything major done!!! But aren't you glad we have men like that instead of the wussy ones, who lay around forever after something like a hang nail removal!!!! Real MEN!!! You muct have needed your sleep---not waking up in time for your class!!

Tracy---the first thing that come to mind when you said you worked for a convent and had excellent benefits, was Of course you do---look who your BIG boss is...but then I guess he's My big boss too!!! How is the liquid diet going? You aren't alone today, my Dad, and my friend Eileen, among many others I am sure, are liquid fasting today for Good Friday.

Dawn--I wish you were closer, my DD is running, in preparation for the Police Academy (she is a nurse now, and wants to be an officer, and then go into Forensic Pathology), and she is training alone. When her bf can he goes with her, but one of us has to keep the little one, she took her to the track, but she is going through some sort of separation/getting left thing, and when Manda would run, she screamed and cried like she was running away from HER!!!

Sheila---way to go with the exercise, heck you might be the first to reach gold!!! I haven't got my exercise in for today, even though I feel like I have!!! I spent all morning with my 2 granddaughters dying Easter eggs for the Sunday School egg hunt. When you have a 2 year old around eggs, and dye....you run---a LOT!!! This afternoon we are taking Festus (thier basset hound) for a walk---but that too will be a slow meandering walk, he nor the 2 year old move fast when that is the goal! This dog has been known to trip over his own ears, and just lie down--in the roadway!!! He is cute, and sooooo lazy!

Julie---sounds like you are doing great, I am so glad!!! Someday I will know life with a flat (or at least flatter) belly!!! You know years ago, I was so thrilled to find out I was pregnant with my DD, I pushed with all my might, to make my belly stick out!!! As tall as I am, it took awhile for the pregnancy to show, and I was impatient!! I probably look more pregnant now than I did then---besides the age thing!!!

So what's everyones plan for Easter? We are having dinner here, with all the family---will be chaos! I am going to have Rick put up the volleyball/badmitton net tomorrow, so we have something to DO after feeding ourselves, besides sit around. My inlaws always want to play dominos, or Mexican Train dominoes---I need more activity I think----then I will not worry so much about what I eat (so sorry Tracy!).

Well with that in mind, the house is not going it ready itself---guess I'll have to do it. Talk to y'all soon!

Kat

Awww shucks!! Thanks you guys! Ya'll are the BEST.

I thought AF was gone then last night in the middle of the night wham, major bleeding again! I am retaining so much Water my wedding ring is actually a little snug and usually it is practially falling off! Oh well this too will pass. Good news is my ankle is feeling much better :) But today was so busy, I did my church ladies visiting today and grocery shopping and bank and birthday present shopping with the kids for DH he will be 40 tomorrow! It has been a full and busy day, I am so glad DH doesn't want me to fix dinner anytime soon, lol.

Terri, Congratulations!! You are now an official "Bandster"! Way to go. Looks like you and I started out the same and have similar goals. I'm sending you healing vibes!

Molly, I'm sorry you are having such problems. What is AF? Do you get anemic easily?

Sheila, next week at this time you will be home, thinking, "That wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be." All the nervousness prior to the surgery seems silly after you go through it. When you wake up post-op, an entirely new life will begin!

Julie and Dawn, isn't it weird that we have become so addicted to running? Did you ever think that down deep you were really distance runners?

Yesterday was my "bandiversary." I had big plans of running after work, writing in my journal and reflecting. Instead of retreating inward, I spent the day with friends. A huge part of my recovery is in becoming more socially honest. The last few years I have felt ashamed of my size and retreated from certain social gatherings. Partially, I blamed my friends for immersing themselves in a community and industry that only validated physical perfection. I viewed them as being materialistic and vain. And I told myself that I had more to offer because I was NICE. I also pretended that everything was fine and that I liked and accepted myself the way I was. The new friends I gravitated towards were deep, intelligent, and endured challenges. It is now very rewarding to see old friends, apologize and honestly share my flaws. I judged them unfairly and gradually disappeared from their lives. They loved me and felt helpless. Now I am reconnecting. Now I am reaching out, instead of focusing inward.

Thank you, band!

Okay, so now off to a musical concert!

Easter....last year I stuck a spoonful of potatoes in the blender with milk (full liquid phase). That was decadent.

Happy bandiversary Boo :( I don't remember what I ate last year for Easter :cry but a few days later was my wedding anniversary and with my surgeons permission I went out to eat and had real food! It was my official last supper, I ate till I was stuffed, lol and regretted it later as I sat up half the night miserable. A few short days later was my surgery!

Boo, AF is my period, short for Aunt Flo, and she is mean! Fortunately I do not easily get anemic. My doc has me on Vitamins with Iron in them just to help in these situations, this is nothing new, my period has been erratic from the very beginning thanks to PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) I go forever without one then whammo she lays me out flat for a little bit.

Betty,

Happy bandiversary, happy bandiversary, happy bandiversary,

:violin: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2: :note2:

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY!

I believe it is open to anyone!!!!!!! :girl_hug:

I posted on the April 07 thread that my son learned to ride his bike without training wheels today... it was cold, but he did soooo good.. I even found my self RUNNING down the street with him........ (yes.. you read that right Tracy from Kansas was actually RUNNING) It wasn't for very long.... but we had two separate sessions of bike riding today and both times the little buggar just kept peddling so I had to keep chasing him down.... (total time outside was about 2 hours) IT WAS A WONDERFUL FEELING! ohhhh and I'm counting it :(

GREAT NEWS!!! I reached my running goal today. I ran the 5K for next week in 32:00 today. Now that was at noon, not 8:30 a.m.! So, hopefully next week I can match it or do better.

Tracew and anyone else considering joining this thread,

Come on and join in!

We are not exclusive. It started as all april '06 bandsters, but others have joined in. For us old folk bandsters from '06, we want to encourage ANYONE and EVERYONE to exercise. The benefits are too aewsome to keep them to ourselves! If this thread motivates you, then we are thrilled! The gorgeous JulieNYC started this thread, and I am her substitute while she is healing from a TT. Check out her progress and others on this thread and you will literally be blown away! I vote for Julie and Dawn on the cover of People magazine!

Tracy! You RAN! Uh-oh...you are the next to get the running bug!

That is AWESOME!

:( :girl_hug: :eek: :mad: :) :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52): :smilingface (52):

(Anyone else that runs, even for 15 seconds gets dancing bananas, too!)

Happy Bandiversary Betty :(

Congratulations on a great 5K time Boo :girl_hug:

Tracey that is so wonderful. Isn't it great to get outside and play with our kids? And yay for your little tike who has learned how to ride his bike!

I am worried about my youngest boy. He is about to turn 8. He lives with his mom most of the time so his time with his dad and me is a bit limited. We do see them off to school every morning but we don't get to do the after school and bedtime reading and helping him learn basic things that his mom is I guess too busy for. He is just starting to read thanks to a lot of effort by my DH and I. We sit down and make him read with us. He hates to read and is doing so badly in school they are talking about holding him back. Today when he signed his name to his dad's birthday card he wrote it backwards, so instead of Quinn he wrote nnuiQ he started with the Q and moved back instead of forwards. This puzzles me, is he dislexic? His mom refuses to have the kids tested for anything! If we want the kids to go to the doctor for anything like wart removals and such we have to make the appointments and take them. It would be helpful if any of you ladies with experience with raising kids could tell me if his writing backwards is normal it would really help me know what to do for him.