Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As much as it's breaking my heart, I knew and anticipated this stall. I'll be at 4 weeks in two days. I haven't lost in a week....in fact, I have fluctuated up and down a pound or two, which is hard to take in. I've read everyone's advice throughout the threads like stay off the scale, keep doing what you're doing, etc.... I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck in doing something to sort of jump start heading in the right direction again. Maybe exercising more/differently, switching back to Protein Shakes, etc....anything?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! :)

Just keep swimming ... Just keep swimming ...
LOL
Sounds like you're on the right track - just keep going with what you're doing. You body has to take time to adjust to your weight loss. You'll start losing again soon. How often do you weigh yourself? Make sure you wait a week then weigh again - I'd be willing to bet you'll see a difference then :)

Just keep swimming ... Just keep swimming ...

LOL

Sounds like you're on the right track - just keep going with what you're doing. You body has to take time to adjust to your weight loss. You'll start losing again soon. How often do you weigh yourself? Make sure you wait a week then weigh again - I'd be willing to bet you'll see a difference then :)

:) Thank you. I weigh myself daily - I know, I know - stop!!!! When you see progress, it's exciting to get on the scale!!!

I'm coming off a 23 day stall. I stalled between weeks 3 and 4 as well.

I'm not sure if there's any science behind it, but both times, I increased my calories by a little bit, like 150-200 calories and the scale started to move again. Some say you can exercise a bit harder or maybe try something different and that will work.

Here's an article from butterthebean's signature line - it's worth the read:

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UwuiJhZCddg

I'm coming off a 23 day stall. I stalled between weeks 3 and 4 as well. I'm not sure if there's any science behind it, but both times, I increased my calories by a little bit, like 150-200 calories and the scale started to move again. Some say you can exercise a bit harder or maybe try something different and that will work. Here's an article from butterthebean's signature line - it's worth the read: http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.UwuiJhZCddg

Great info-thanks!!! :)

I am also at 4 weeks post-op and hit a stall about 10 days ago….super, super frustrating!!! I got the same advise from everyone and just kept doing what I was. I got on the scale this AM and was down 0.5 pounds. Not much, but it's something!!

Another thing I was advised to do was to re-check my measurements. If you have not taken any, I recommend you start! I found that I had lost ~ 9 inches total. I also have been taking pictures and could really see a difference in them when I looked at my last 2 sets - 2 weeks apart.

So despite no weight loss at the scale, I was still loosing inches!! And I had also dropped another pants size. My dietician also sent me an article and it was also very encouraging that this is totally normal and will pass and the weight will start to drop again very soon.

Good luck (to all of us)!

Yes, MEAUSREMENTS!!!!

I took my measurements prior to surgery and again during both of my stalls. Both times I could see the difference in the numbers.

We are conditioned to give the scale a lot more power than we should - I'm guilty of weighing every day (sometimes weighing more than once a day) and that is really unhealthy. Sometimes our bodies will hold on to Water it thinks it might need - that can move the scale by 5 pounds!