Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did the band make you re-evaluate your life not only with weight loss but everything? What have you done about it?

Since starting with this process I've realized that there are some things I need and want to change about myself. My list of things are not only physical but emotionally too.

Physical- I need to start working out and working on my problem areas. I need to have my varicose veins looked at on my legs cause they are getting pretty bad. Also be better organized to improve my daily routine.

Emotional- Be stronger! Learn to say NO and not feel guilty about it afterwards. Learn that other people's problems are their own not mine to fix!

Where there or is there any on your list of things to improve and what is it? Did the band make you re-evaluate your life not only with weight loss but everything?

Just eating healthy and being a good animal(to the earth).

This journey is as much psychological as it is physical. To have moments of epiphany and actually have the motivation to pursue greater is an NSV. You've conquered a major hurdle in your life and have overcome something that has plagued you for sometime. When these things occur, we realize we have regained lost power and belief in ourselves to do "the impossible". Congrats to you at this new moment of discovery, may there be many more moments of positive realization for you in the near future.

so much of this entire Journey is interdependent on many aspects of our lives.....

The very co-morbidities that made a complex and fragile daily life have served to motivate me.

One of the inescapable issues many of We of the Tribe of the Morbidly Obese face, are such as diabetes and the very cascade of related such as high blood pressure, eye disease and kidney function, amoung others.

Without boring anyone, the factors that make sweets and the close relative of alcohol, so devestating to various body systems, require understanding and control every day.

My own "6-pack and a loaf of bread" snack routine symbolized the direction my rational mind didn't want to go, yet the Bad Habits and Belly Beasts were effectively taking over my entire life style.

I was given the choice between kidney function and eyesight, vs a 400# lifestyle and a beer.

Lap Band saved my Life nearly 10 years ago. The bit of daily discipline it takes to remain on the Path to Life is a joy.

so much of this entire Journey is interdependent on many aspects of our lives.....

The very co-morbidities that made a complex and fragile daily life have served to motivate me.

One of the inescapable issues many of We of the Tribe of the Morbidly Obese face, are such as diabetes and the very cascade of related such as high blood pressure, eye disease and kidney function, amoung others.

Without boring anyone, the factors that make sweets and the close relative of alcohol, so devestating to various body systems, require understanding and control every day.

My own "6-pack and a loaf of bread" snack routine symbolized the direction my rational mind didn't want to go, yet the Bad Habits and Belly Beasts were effectively taking over my entire life style.

I was given the choice between kidney function and eyesight, vs a 400# lifestyle and a beer.

Lap Band saved my Life nearly 10 years ago. The bit of daily discipline it takes to remain on the Path to Life is a joy.

I hear that Jack. for you it was kidney function. For me it was mobility. And I mean serious mobility issues...like in a wheelchair type of issues. I dropped the 70 lbs. I needed to in order to have the hips replaced.....kept at it and have lost another 45 lbs. and while still on the cane, am in no way looking at that wheelchair potential anymore. Heck, I can bend and tie my shoes....I can pick up my legs in the shower to shave them, I'm not afraid I can't walk a few blocks anymore. I can do so much that I couldn't before so yes...the lapband saved my life as well.

I am more self-reliant and less ready to say "yes".

When I was obese I thought I had to be forgiven because I was fat and tried to always please people

I have also become more selfih or self-centered. I don't let anyone interfere in my journey and my life

everyday when I wake up I decide what I am going to do for the day that is productive. before wls I could use how I felt to not do anything. now I make sure I do something even if its housework. I don't say an automatic no to social activities. I still have social anxiety but it seems as my wt. goes down and clothes fit better I am saying yes to outings.

everyday when I wake up I decide what I am going to do for the day that is productive. before wls I could use how I felt to not do anything. now I make sure I do something even if its housework. I don't say an automatic no to social activities. I still have social anxiety but it seems as my wt. goes down and clothes fit better I am saying yes to outings.

I agree, Terry, I knew how to say no all too easily. I let my weight and anxiety keep me from doing so many things. Have you ever seen the movie, Yes Man, with Jim Carrey? It's kind of silly but he has to start saying yes to everything. That's how I want to start living my life now.

Note to Emily: I understand about saying no when you're giving too much of your time and energy to people who will suck the life out of you. That is good to learn to say no. Best wishes!