Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having to do a 5 week class on eating health for life, in the 2 week now. My Doctor makes you go to it before you even meet with him. I am going to be self pay. I already know that for sure. If I stay with this doctor it will cost around $19.500. Seems alot higher then most have paid. This includes fills for a year. I will get the exact numbers in 2 weeks. I picked this doctor because 1. it is close, I don't want to pay go somewhere every time i needed a fill

2. I know lot about the doctor and all the doctors he works with, and the hospital.

3. I really dont want to go to mexico, eventhrough it is less then half the price. I really want someone close just in case something happen in the future.

Am I CRAZY for sticking with this doc????

Only YOU can answer that question. You have to be comfortable with him, with his requirements, and with his program.

Everyone has their reasons for choosing who they did---it is a personal choice, and unfortunately one only you can make!!! Learning to eat in a healthy manner is not something I see as bad. I could take that, I would have a bigger issue with being told I HAVE to do this or that....just a stubborn streak in me!!!

If you feel calm and relaxed when thinking of him as your Dr.---then it is a right decision. If not---then I would keep looking at my options.

Good Luck in making your decisions!

Kat

Thanks Kat, I think i just like to hear I am not crazy. Be the best money I ever spent. BTY congrates on your weight lose, keep it up. I hope one day i am just be a over weight loser. The class is good, even through it only been two week, this class has helped me with my eating habits. I am sure everything little bit help.

Angel, if you feel like this is the doctor for you I would stick with him. I love my doctor and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I agree, I think it's a decision each person has to make for them selves and them live with it. I went to Mexico because they had so much experience, over 6000 bands and then the price and it went wonderful and I have Dr. Curry for fills and any problems but had I known about Dr. Curry before hand I would have paid more and went to him just because he is tops too. Good luck. I paid 8500 for everything.

hi from the crazy pool...

i live in the most northern tip of Maine, and had my surgery in Houston because i dug the dr's stats and reputation, plus i love galveston and REALLY enjoy flying back down. I trust my surgeon completely and i wouldnt want anyone else doing my fills, but i realize im in the minority on this one.

I am also very lucky and my insurance paid for my surgery, and since i buy my airline tickets in as far as advance as possible i usually can get to houston what it takes most people to get to portland. :) so...no complaints here!

anyway...just thought youd like to know that if you decide to just bust out and go somewhere non local, i was in that boat too. :::waving::::