Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous about Insurance Approval

I meet with my surgeon on Wednesday to prepare things to be sent to my insurance and book my surgery date. My insurance will be switching on April 1st so I have to HAVE the surgery and be out of the hospital by then. My surgical coordinator reassured me over the phone that it can be approved in 2 weeks but I feel like I read more and more stories about how that isn't happening for people. I have Oxford Health Insurance. Did any of you get approved within the first two weeks on your first attempt at approval?? I am so nervous!

It is possible. I was approved within 2wks. It would have been less but it sat on someone's desk for a week and a half even though I was calling daily to confirm that the process was progressing...when I got someone on the phone who told me the truth that it was sitting for a week and a half and had not moved he immediately escalated it and it was approved within 24 hours... My suggestion to you will be want the insurance documents are turned into your insurance company call them on the third day after you sent them and call them regularly and ask them what stage in the process your document yet I only say this because I used to work for health insurance companies and I know how the pre certification process can go it is not a priority for the nurses is not a priority for Provider Relations they will drag it out so be diligent about following up on your documents. Remember you have support here do not be nervous stay in prayer and everything is going to work out exactly how it's supposed to.

It's been 11 days and haven't heard from the insurance company! All paperwork and process being handled by surgeons office. Hope to hear soon , I would like a late March or April date. Going to trainer and working out ,and counting calories with little success. Trainer says losing inches maybe not as much weight frustrating!! It's the waiting game for me I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches