Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Las Vegas surgeon recommendations

Hi,

I am nearing surgery, have just completed all medical clearance. I went to a seminar at Dr Atkinsons office, but its a ways out to get an appt to meet with him. I was also told by my pcp to look into Dr Umach. I have an appt with Dr Umbach on Monday. I would love to hear anybodies experience with either of these Dr's, or a rec to another Dr in the Area.

Thanks so much all!

I have had several procedures performed in Las Vegas. I had a cashectomy once......a moneyectomy a few times ....and also a collegefundectomy.......:)

Still love the city though......

Hi, I had the sleeve last June with Dr. Umbach. He was great and the staff and nurses were wonderful. Feel free to contact me for any info. Good luck :)

Dr Umbach is great! Give them a call .

Thanks to you both! I actually had a consult with Dr Umbach last week. The office was very nice, office as well. Dr Umbach was nice, but he seemed a little aloof to me about my surgery questions. Kind of made me uncomfortable. Did either of you experience that with him? Also, I had already had a psych eval done when I went, but they insisted I had to use theirs. That was no problem for me, but here we are a week later, and nothing has been sent to insurance because they need to wait for the psych evalulation from their office. Little frustrating. I am going to meet with Dr Aktinson too, then make a final decision on who I want to operate on me.

Yes he is aloof and a bit dry but I was warned about that before my visit so I was not surprised, another one to check out is a Dr Hanna.. Best of luck

I agree he was a bit dry. Almost like he expected me to know the answers to my questions. But, when sitting through his pre-surgical informational presentation, he knows what he is doing and I felt very comfortable. I didn't go through my insurance but as far as I remember the psych evaluation didn't take long. But, I didn't have to wait for my insurance so that probably helped speed things up.I don't know if Mindi is still there but she was wonderful and very helpful. Good Luck and feel free to ask any questions :)

Edited by alli2151

I had a gastric sleeve with Umbach Feb 6 2014 and cannot say enough good things about him and his expertise! I have not had as much as an aspirin since the operating room. Not because I am toughing out the pain but I simply have not had any at all. I came home the same day as the procudeure and I KNOW that I picked the right surgeon!

I just got sleeved on March 4th by Dr. Umbach and he did great! Actual surgery time was thirty minutes. I know what you mean about his dryness but just know it's nothing personal. Don't hesitate to ask questions, he will answer anything and everything. I feel like that's more his style anyways. The staff at Dr. Umbach office us great too!

I agree with all of you- Dr Umbach is not warm and fuzzy but he does a great job where it counts- in the O.R.!

I agree with all of you- Dr Umbach is not warm and fuzzy but he does a great job where it counts- in the O.R.!

I thought he was very pleasant however you don't need a surgeon who can be your best friend. You need a skilled surgeon who you trust can handle any unforeseen complications that could crop up while you are on the operating table and I could not be any more convinced that Umbach is an outstanding choice!

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies! I also went to a consult with Dr Atkinson. Anybody have any exp with him?

Thanks you