Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't seem to get back on track.

I lost 130 lbs from 365, It's been a great year, but lately I've gone back to the old habits : ( what I'm asking is how do you rekindle the original "I'm gonna do this" attitude? Any suggestions?

Get a work out partner.

Go to a therapist who specializes in people who have food addictions.

Join a support group.

Hang pictures of your 300+ self on your frig/pantry.

Read daily affirmations.

Go back to your doctor/nutritionist and have a frank discussion w/them regarding where you are and why you're struggling.

Realize that spring and summer are right around the corner and you will become more active.

You are stronger than you think.....

How about sitting down and making a list of all the things you wanted from the surgery? Then list what you can do now that you couldn't do before, and what you still want. Then really want it. Ramp it up for March -- SpringTraining!

Sometimes complacency is something else, too, so ask yourself about that. Is something in the way or is it just bad habits creeping back into your life? How about another list of what's not working for you. Eating on the run or eating in the car or going back for seconds or.....

And don't forget to pat yourself in the back and Celebrate how far you've come -- way to go with your excellent loss.

I lost 130 lbs from 365, It's been a great year, but lately I've gone back to the old habits : ( what I'm asking is how do you rekindle the original "I'm gonna do this" attitude? Any suggestions?

Like they mentioned, the before and after pictures (I have one of me at my best, and me at my worst) sometimes are good motivators in either direction.

Also, maybe join a Weight Watchers group? When I went to WW, they were great, very supportive and friendly, and had a lot of good ideas. The only reason I'm not going now is because of my constant appetite (so I would just be reminded every week how it's not working). But for a motivational/support group, and to watch your numbers and stay on track, it's great.

Hey ,

you only have five more pounds and you are in the 100 club!!! Way to go. That is a big achievment. Give your self some credit.

One thing I do now to get me on tack and stay there is...every day I keep a food log, write down my affirmations, weigh myself at the start of every day to keep me focused, my exercise, and h2o for the day. If I don't write down my food I go into auto eating mode from emotions, board, and just head hunger. I'm a little older so if I want to loose I have to keep track of my caloires cause I don;t get many for a day!! oh I have a workout budy and it's fun to show up and feel good. I hope that helps. down about 20 lbs since Jan.

I'm thankful for your honest sharring cause we all go thru hard spots.