Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling like a new Bandster again...

I got a fill 10 days ago after living nearly 3 years with next to nothing in my band because of pregnancy and breastfeeding. This fill is totally kicking my butt! I still cannot eat most food. liquids are ok, soft foods (think baby food consistency) are <i>sometimes</i> okay. I am headed back to the doc tommorrow to get a little taken out to get me back to the "sweet spot". After being off of the "band" wagon for so long, have I forgotten what a fill feels like? I have the large Inamed band (10 or 11 ccs) and I am at 5 ccs right now which doesn't seem like much in comparison where some others are that have the same band. Regardless, I need to be able to eat solid food! Right?! Feeling very frustrated and slighly sick after eating a mashed up avacado is not where I want my life to be!

Proof that my band has a mind of her own. (and yes it is a she because only a woman could change her mind this much in such a short period of time)

So I made an appointment for yesterday which my doc had to bump up to today because he was running behind and I decided this morning to cancel my appointment. In the time between originally posting this thread topic and now, the amount that I can eat has dramatically changed. Now, I haven't tried true solid foods such as veggies or meats, but I am able to eat Pasta and this morning I was able to have a scrambled egg with no problem (first thing in the morning too!). I am thinking that the restriction was mainly inflammation and that may have subsided at this time. In addition, (although I haven't weighed yet) I am pretty certain that I have lost at least 7-10 lbs in the last week just off of the fit of my clothes which would make a huge difference in the restriction level of this fill. Basically, I am trying this fill on for size for a few more days before spending another $200 to have some removed.

The BAND is a fickel fickel thing.

Hmmm. I had a fill on Feb 28th (my second fill.) and I was unable to eat solids for 3 weeks. I have trouble eating solids before 2:00 p.m. Sometimes, even later in the day. Finally, one day I was thrilled to eat not gag on my food, and it was like it was a miracle to have a little spaghetti and a small piece of cheese. I have since had several teensy meals of various things, but cannot eat more than a few ounces of food at a go. I suppose I am not suppose to anyhow, because from what I have read, that is all a bandster is supposed to eat at a sitting. ANyhow, I was thinking of getting a bit removed from my band, so I could eat more than one meal a day. I have trouble eating before 2:00 p.m. on most days. I think my metabolism may slow up considerably if I don't get some fuel in earlier than 2:00. I have only lost about 9 pounds since Feb 28th, and considering I had very little going in for the last month, I don't think that is right.

Yes, it is thrilling to not be able to eat more than a few ounces at a time, but you do have to eat *enough* dont you?

Still, if it takes a few weeks for your fill to settle and for you to eat relatively normally, that probably wont do you any harm and might give you a nice jump start on weight loss again. If it cost me $200 for a fill or removal I think I'd wait a bit too. As long as you're not PBing every five minutes.

Hmmm. I had a fill on Feb 28th (my second fill.) and I was unable to eat solids for 3 weeks. I have trouble eating solids before 2:00 p.m. Sometimes, even later in the day. Finally, one day I was thrilled to eat not gag on my food, and it was like it was a miracle to have a little spaghetti and a small piece of cheese. I have since had several teensy meals of various things, but cannot eat more than a few ounces of food at a go. I suppose I am not suppose to anyhow, because from what I have read, that is all a bandster is supposed to eat at a sitting. ANyhow, I was thinking of getting a bit removed from my band, so I could eat more than one meal a day. I have trouble eating before 2:00 p.m. on most days. I think my metabolism may slow up considerably if I don't get some fuel in earlier than 2:00. I have only lost about 9 pounds since Feb 28th, and considering I had very little going in for the last month, I don't think that is right.

One of the big factors effecting my restriction level is the amount of weight I have lost. The more I lose, the loser the band gets. 9 lbs in a month is actually pretty great! Be happy! What is your activity level like? Are you fatigued? Are you taking a Multivitamin? Are you able to get enough Calcium?