Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overeating

Really...Truthfully....What happens if we keep overeating? I have really been worried lately because I cannot control my eaing? I have eaten tons of food......No matter what I do I cant stop...Any suggestions?

I go to the Dr on the 3rd...Im so scared, I know I havent lost any weight. I really have done terrible with this surgery. What am I supposed to do?

I cant afford therepy, any my insurance doesnt pay for it, what else is there?:help:

I have a friend that lost majority of her weight 3 yrs ago with Gastric Bypass -- and now she is almost back to where she use to weight. She has started weight watchers. She has stretched her pouch/stomach.

Have you thought about doing the Protein shakes for a 2 week period to jump start your weight loss and try to take control back over?

Maybe weight watchers or some similiar group - that can address overeating issues?

Are you scared of something if you lose your weight?

Keep a journal -- of your feelings and things that are happening when you feel the need to eat to determine -- what is the reason.

Then you can determine how to attach the issue.

GOOD LUCK -- I do sympathis --I am scared that I to -- will have issues once I have had the surgery.

Keep in touch.

Gina

I have the same fear as you, Smurfette. I get really hungry a few weeks before my fill and stop losing weight, and even gaining a little. What happens when the band is full and I'm starving? Since no weight-loss solution has ever been a permanent solution for me, I can't help but be doubtful. But I TRY not to be.

Really...Truthfully....What happens if we keep overeating? I have really been worried lately because I cannot control my eaing? I have eaten tons of food......No matter what I do I cant stop...Any suggestions?

I go to the Dr on the 3rd...Im so scared, I know I havent lost any weight. I really have done terrible with this surgery. What am I supposed to do?

I cant afford therepy, any my insurance doesnt pay for it, what else is there?:help:

I totally understand where you're coming from, I tend to overeat myself and have lost about 30 lbs since surgery. I have made wrong food choices and have not exercised, so that I'm sure has contributed to my slow loss. On the other hand, you may just need more fill. I have 2 cc in my band and can still eat. Not like I used to eat, but still a good portion. I don't ever get stuck and I don't know what a PB is, nor do I get reflux. Best wishes and keep us posted.

First of all, you don't have enough restriction, I have seen restriction with a 4cc band up to 3cc. You barely have 1.5cc in there now. I would start with some good restriction. Also, make sure you are earing hard Protein first. That way your hunger pangs will not be as bad. Keep your calories to 800-1000k a day and you will lose.

Thanks you guys....lots to think about....I think im gonna have to do a lot of work on "myself" before this is ever gonna work. Of course I have no idea even how to begin that..but.....Im thinking...ha ha

The Protein shake thing is great but I dont even have the courage to do that...I wish I could just stop overeating...Sometimes, I really think I have a serious problem...and am totally surprized I havent gained more than I have.

I tried weight watchers and never seemed to lose. Of course I used all of my points on sweets. I crave sweets 24/7 (and crackers, sweet tea) I have even had dreams about doughnuts before..I must be some kind of lunitic. I know Im not the only one out there who feels this way, but it seems like folks are afraid to say anything about it. I get tired of hearing myself...same old broken record but I still have the problem. Now why cant I find the answer FINALLY to solve this for myself once and for all?

I guess thats the million dollar question????Huh????

Yes, you are right, it is the million dollar question.

You need to discuss your issues with your band doctor and maybe he can help. Do you go a support group, possibly try overeaters anonymous? Any of these organizations can help but believe me, it is a constant battle. You are not alone. I am at goal but I still struggle with eating the right things. I just recently went back to 2 Protein shakes a day and 1 meal in the evening because I just wasn't doing right. Eating at night (ice cream, Cookies, potato chips & candy bars), just anything that would go down without a problem.

I compenstated by exercising 6 days a week, 9 times within those 6 days, burning 800-1000 calories a session. That's still not good and I've just had to re-evaluate myself. Now I am back on the right track but I still struggle. We have got to change our minds first & then the rest will fall into line.

I wish you the best.