Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Champaign Illinois Anyone? Central area?

I am not sure if we have decided the meeting place. Terry had originally suggested Olive Garden and I was having trouble eating bread back then. Now I can eat anything except Cereal with milk so I am fine with whatever we do.

Kelly

I live south of Springfield, IL and I just met with Dr. Max Hammer who'll do the procedure at Memorial Hospital in Springfield, IL. He'll do all of my fills etc. They have a great informative pre-op program in place and gave me a three ring binder filled with Lap Band infomation and what to expect. It is really great to be so informed months before I'm having the procedure.

Welcome! I hope that you can join our monthly lunch sessions sometime! It would be great to have you!

Kelly

I find I can eat anything too, except some things are just so filling I have to be careful. bread can be like that. It has to be worth it because I can only eat a few bites of it!

I'm at 1 cc now. Just got my first fill a couple of weeks ago. And then last week I had a partial unfill. Met Dr. Tull for the first time then, he was the one who did my unfill. I think he think's I'm crazy because I felt like I was too restricted when I was 1.6 cc the week before my unfill-- I could only eat a few bites and that wasn't working for me. Now I think I'm a great restriction, I can maybe 1/2 cup at dinner times, less other times and the weight is comming off, and I'm happy. Its also comming off a bit slower. The pound a day stuff is just too fast for me!

I think flat top grill (it recently opened on sixth on campustown) is a good place for bandsters. You go and pick out your stuff, and its easy to get in lots of veggies and stuff, and your choice of meat and you can make it salad or whatever. And if you only have the one bowl it doesn't cost anythinge extra to take your leftovers home in a box. Plus their mojito is nice and refreshing :)

Sounds like you are doing good . I to have fybro. I am happy with my surgery .Dr.Tull done mine . Have had 2 fills .Loosing slow but thats the way I want a pound or 2 a week now . Hope you can join us on the 2nd . Have a good eve .Oh yes I still have trouble with bread .But thats ok I was never a big bread eater . Now crackers or hard bread sticks I can handle . Jennie

Hi Everyone...:confused:

So are we all on for lunch at Chedders at noon this monday ?

I promise I'll be there this time.

It looks like we have a few new people here at the thread ... :)

I hope they will be able to join us for lunch on monday.

I'm getting a fill on tuesday. I havn't lost anything in three weeks.

Jennie did you have a nice vist with your family in Ohio ?

See ya all on Monday,

Terry

Ohio was a good trip . The reunion was very good .

Everyone one said I looked better and ask how I felt and I said I felt great and would have the surgery done again .

Hope to see more join us at Chedders at noon on Monday is that right Terry and Kelly ? See you then jennie

Well I attempted to post once, no idea where that disappeared to, lol. I was banded on June 6th by Dr. R at Carle Clinic. So far so good, woke up from surgery with a raging headache that lasted for four days. Dr. seemed to think it was anesthia related. Once I jumped through that hoop it's gone well. Have some soreness yet and redness around two of my sites. Felt good restriction like all of us did early on. But now, not so much. I spoked with Dr. R and he said I can come in on July 9th for my first fill. I was originally scheduled for my first fill on July 19th. So I'm very anxious to get my first one out of the way. I seem to be tolerating most foods ok at this point, I know that will change in the very near future. I found out that rice is NOT :mad: my friend. I won't be trying any of that in the near future. Oh by the way I live in Dalton City, which is a very small town southeast of Decatur. I am about 40-45 minutes from Champaign. And I'm soooo happy to have found all of you here. God bless us on our journey....xoxoxoxo :whoo:

Hi Lovthelord,

Welcome to the Champain thread. There are a few of us here that meet on the first Monday of each new month at Chedders at noon. Hope you can join us if you can to vist, and get to know other fellow bandisters.

See you Monday . Hope others will join I am at 195 now .Slow but thats ok will get to where I want in time . Please any new lap banders to the site .Feel free to meet us for lunch at Chedders in Champaign .12:00 Jennie

I have dark hair 5 ft. 60 years and will be carrying a purse that has pansy print .We meet inside door . Probably jeans and yellow top .What about you ? Whats your first name Thanks Jennie

Hi Jennie,

I really enjoyed meeting you for lunch today. I wonder what happened to everyone else. Here are the recipes I promised you; I hope you like them.

My favorite :

Zuppa Zappa Soup

1 bulk roll of Italin sausage

1 lg onion ( diced )

2 stalks celery ( thinly sliced )

1 red bell pepper

6 or 7 potatoes ( scrubbed and diced )

1 box of chicken broth

5 or 6 cups of 1 percent milk

pepper flakes ( a few shakes )

1 1/4 teaspoon garlic

2 very lg Tablespoons Italin seasoning ( the green flake stuff )

In lg 3 or 4 qt saucepan brown sausage ( drain off fat )

return sausage to saucepan and add everything to it . ( except the milk)

cook until potatoes are soft, then add the milk and cook on med. to low heat for about 15 minutes.

( If you are on a liquid only diet , just put it in the blender and your good to go. )

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 can of cream style corn

1 can of any kind of bean

1 can of diced tomatoes with green chili peppers and onions

1 box of chicken broth

1 or 2 cups of diced chicken

1 onion ( diced )

1 or 2 Tablespoons of Cumin ( it will add a lot of flavor )

1 bunch of calintro

put everything in the crockpot on low for 2-4 hours.

Serve with a few tortilla chips and cheese on top if you would like.

Jennie let me know if you liked them. I make zuppa zappa once a week :eek:

Terry

lunch was good . It was a pleaseure that we got together .Hope others will join us in the future Terry. Thanks for the recipes.I will try as soon as I get the ingredients. Missed you Kelly . Have a great day Jennie

Hey girls! I'm sorry about yesterday, but I've been in a bad place lately. :help: Both of my sons have been sick on and off since June 1st and it took a bad turn over the last couple of weeks. :sick My oldest, Tyler (3), has the flu right now with temps around 104-105 and my little one just saw a ENT doctor this morning to schedule surgery for tubes in his ears. He has been treated for a month and can't shake the infection. He had to finally have antibiotic shots on Friday, Saturday & Sunday morning in his thighs to try to kill the infection. Poor little guy. He's so young (20 months) and I can't stand to see him in pain. I missed celebrating my birthday due to all the illnesses so I'm still trying to reschedule that as well. I hope lunch was nice. I haven't been able to take lunch in over 2 weeks to try to make up the time I have been in and out for emergency appts. It's either miss lunch or lose money and I need money!!! So, I hope all is well with the two of you and Jennie, are you kidding, slow weight loss!!! Over 50 pounds in 5 months! You are doing fabulously!!! Terry, I hope you next fill does you some good. I am finally slow and steady and looking forward to what life will be like in a year from now! Bye!!!