Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just curious how folks progress with their incisions. The instructions I received were keep them covered until the shower at 3 days out, then leave them uncovered. The exception was the drain site and to gauze it if it was weeping, but it's dry so keeping it uncovered. Only my t-shirts and nighties are over them.

Shower daily with soap, Water and pat dry. Was told Absolutely no ointments, peroxide, alcohol, nothing. POSSIBLE TMI: So out of 4 incisions and the drain site only one big guy looks a bit angry. Sort of a big scab stretching open just a bit, but cannot see inside. That's the one that was used for the scope and such, and maybe the one they pull the evicted tummy from? Not sure on that last part and will ask next week. Next week the staples come out.

So how are your sites progressing? What kind of stitches did you have? I know we're all different, but got curious as I again wanted to scratch near that ugly one. :)

Surgery was 2/11.

Thanks

Is your angry one the left most one while looking down? I had my surgery on 1/28 and this one by far is the one that looks the worst. I also had an incision inside my belly button, my surgeon used this as the extraction point for the stomach. I suspect the angry one was used for the scope.

Hi, four of mine are healing great, but there's that one scar that the drain came out of that is the last woman standing. I swear that thing is going to be around forever. I do apply ointment to my incisions (I don't want to see the scars), but that last one is fighting me every bit of the way!!!

My belly button open ugly weird wound finally just closed up and is healing after 4 weeks. I was really worried about it for awhile but doc said was normal.

Thank you all for the feedback. Sounds like there are some common issues. My ugly one is above my belly button and a couple inches to the right. There is one closer to the bb that's doing fine.

I'm hoping after they take the staples out that I can start putting something on them.

Gotta love how many have the one that's fighting us. LOL

I am 4 months out. My drain was the largest cut I had and took about a month to heal. It had funky scabs and seemed like it was never gonna heal.

My drain too a long time to heal. I was told to cover it will it oozed and now 3 month out I have scarring around the incision scar from adhesive. But the acutal drain incision healed the nicest. The one that looks the ugliest is the one next to my belly button (where they pull your stomach out).

I am nearly 7 months out. My incisions were small and sealed with a superglue type of material instead of sutures. They have healed very well. Even the pinky-red discoloration is starting to fade. I suspect I will always be able to find them but I am not sure others will be able to.

Mine was done with the glue also and I have not had a problem at all. I am only 8 weeks out and they seemed to be completely healed.