Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustration Station!

Ok. I need some advice. I had my surgery on December 16, 2013. I have only lost 11 pounds with 10.2 of that being in the first month (when I couldn't eat solid food) and only .8 since. I have been getting very frustrated to say the least. I don't weigh myself every day, but I do weigh once a week. I have lost 14 inches so far which was helping me feel better about no weight loss, but over these past 2 weeks I have not lost any inches either.

I got to two different types of yoga classes every week. I am currently going 3 times a week but I am going to start going 4 times a week. I make sure to drink my Water and I'm not eating very much. I am completely open to suggestions, recipes, or anything else you feel might help me!

the traditional hot yoga doesn't burn as many calories as you think, you think you are burning lots b/c you are sweating so much but that's just not true. If you are relying on vinyasa flow type of yoga as your only method of exercising, i think there are better ways. to name a few: zumba, kickboxing, circuits, jogging, swimming, biking etc.. to burn calorie you have to exhaust your muscles.

Give yourself some time! Your band may not be at optimum restriction?

I lost 12 lbs the first two weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. Not until my band was adjusted properly and I exercised a lot did I start to lose weight.

You won't lose weight every week and if you're exercising you're probably replacing fat with muscle. It's just simple math. Lose 2 lbs of fat and build 2 lbs of muscle means the scale won't budge. It's a good thing but it's not a stall/plateau till it's at least a month with no fat loss or inches lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJziqgrQgk Video of fat vs muscle

How much Protein are you consuming daily?

I'm not keeping track. How much should I be getting daily? Now that you mention it, I think my nurse suggested to aim for 50 grams a day. Does that sound right?

you should be getting 60-80 g Protein, I think. You should track your calories on something like My Fitness Pal - it's an app and also on the computer. It will track calories, Protein, carbs, etc. You may be eating more than you think- or maybe not, it's true what 2muchfun says, you may be building muscle- and I also agree that a little more aggressive exercise will probably speed it up.

But you're only 3 months into this, it does take awhile to reach optimal restriction, and it is not a super speedy way to lose weight. Also, I noticed your starting weight is *only* 198- compared to someone like me, who started at 284, your weight loss may be slower as you don't have as much to lose.

You're doing great! Keep it up and hang in there. I really do recommend logging your food, though, that is one of the keys to my success- when I don't log, I tend to eat many more calories than I should.

Nicki

I understand what everyone is saying about muscle, but if that was the case then I would be losing inches. I started tracking my food today. I may ONLY weigh 188 pounds, but I am also ONLY 4' 10". My starting BMI was 42. I'm not "less overweight" because I'm under 200 pounds.

Start tracking your intake , I am carb sensitive and if I eat to many I won't lose ,maybe you are not eating enough or are having tomany sneaky calories , like in coffeeext

<p>Ok. I need some advice. I had my surgery on December 16, 2013. I have only lost 11 pounds with 10.2 of that being in the first month (when I couldn't eat solid food) and only .8 since. I have been getting very frustrated to say the least. I don't weigh myself every day, but I do weigh once a week. I have lost 14 inches so far which was helping me feel better about no weight loss, but over these past 2 weeks I have not lost any inches either. </p> <p> </p> <p>I got to two different types of yoga classes every week. I am currently going 3 times a week but I am going to start going 4 times a week. I make sure to drink my Water and I'm not eating very much. I am completely open to suggestions, recipes, or anything else you feel might help me!</p>

I was banded on the same day. I lost 8 lbs right away within the first two weeks but the rest of it has been super slow and stopped a couple of weeks. I tried my best to stay within my doctors 800 cal limit... Then I started going up to 1200 - 1500. By varying my calories up and down it seems to be tricking my body not to think it's starving. Not sure what's really going on there.

Have you had a fill yet? After I got my fill things started moving again.

How's your salt intake? How's your 'tom' been? I definitely stall around that 'tom'. Eating enough Protein?

I'm not keeping track. How much should I be getting daily? Now that you mention it, I think my nurse suggested to aim for 50 grams a day. Does that sound right?

I think it should definitely be more than 50grams a day. You also have to have a little of the good fats in your diet. If you aren't tracking, you definitely are not gonna know where to begin. Start with tracking and see where you are. Like others have said, your body may be in starvation mode and hanging on to what it can. The lapband is a tool and we have to learn how to use it to our advantage. Not against it.