Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

cant get nothing down

I been 1 month of my sleeve surgery and i havent been able to eat nothing cause it hurts when it goes down plus i get lots of gas, also i been having this bloatin feeling with a burning sensation and some liquid going up and down, i have been taking my acid reflux meds but nothing since to help. All i can get down is the Protein Shakes and the liquid but nothing solid.

Have you talked to your doctor? Maybe you need to switch acid reflux meds

im calling him tomorrow, i dont know if cause im still fresh but its bad when i try to eat solids

hmm. i have to look through my booklets, but i thought at 1 month post op you should still be on liquids and semi solids/mushy foods? i didn't think you should have solids until at LEAST 8 weeks out?

absolutely CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! You may be getting de-hydrated, and that's never good!

Take care and let us know what happens...

hmm. i have to look through my booklets, but i thought at 1 month post op you should still be on liquids and semi solids/mushy foods? i didn't think you should have solids until at LEAST 8 weeks out?

Every surgeons diet plan is different. A month out, and I will be on solid food.

Thanks every one for your advices!!! im supposed to be on liquid still and yes mushy food but i think he doesnt realize that !! my nutritionist told me the same, im suppose to be on shakes still...maybe thats why im hurting so bad cause i been forcing my self to early .. ufff..looking at my calendar i will be a month on the 20 hummmm!!!!

yes, if you are experiencing pain after solids I would say you aren't prepared for them. definitely go to your doctor because s/he knows best. the chart that I have in front of me for one of the hospitals my doctor participates in says : week 1 clear liquid only, week 2-3 OR 4 (depending on the patients needs) high Protein liquids and pureed foods (this is very well blended food--think stage 1 and 2 baby foods), weeks 5-6 OR 7 (again depending on the patients needs) soft solids diet (think tofu, yogurt, baby food, pureed Beans, tuna fish, mashed potatoes), weeks 8-9 or longer if necessary...slow advancement to regular foods diet.

so I would think you may be in the category of a patient who's progress is a bit slower...so you may not be ready for solids yet. some patients need 8 weeks, and some even a little longer, to advance to solid foods.

definitely talk to your doctor and I hope you begin to feel better soon!

Edited by mrsbailey921