Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realisations to share?

In case it looks familiar...this is part of another post I did but I didn't know how to move it so I just copied & pasted it.. I just thought it would it be an interesting thread subject.. could anyone identify with it?

This is gonna sound weird but

Recently I discovered something about myself..I love being outdoors, well I always knew that, I love scenery, gardens, discovering new places, top of hills, valleys streams etc etc but only experienced the actual buzz i get in my spirit being in those places recently.. I also have had an interest in taking up photography & painting for ages but never acted on it & thought to myself..

is the reason I don't indulge in this nature buzz or didn't know that about myself before or persue those hobbies because I'm too busy indulging in food, at home, out of sight. I tend to be a bit frantic about getting home to eat & then too tired to move after..

I don't think I'm expressing this right, but I wonder if food & weight has kind of distracted me really from who I am?

Does anyone understand that?

As I approach my surgery date I find these thoughts crossing my mind!:faint:

lunasa, i totally understand.

while i was down in galveston i felt FREE, all while being banded and recovering, the minute i could get on a bike i did, and suddenly i found myself with all kinds of things to do that i enjoyed!!! I met friends easilly, i went out daily for bikerides...i loved it. Some of mine is geographical too. when i came back to maine i found myself fighting to keep active, to keep going out, and keep my promises of increasing my activity. I think its a very complex situation that isnt just a) what we think about who we are and what we do and dont do...and :P our environment (is it 20 degrees outside or 22?) and c) our emotional state.

I have LONG thought that many obese people are more sensitive than the 'average joe'. Its one reason why i like them better than normal people. im starting to think the reason WHY isnt so important anymore as just understanding what is, and being able to hop on that bike and get some more air. (and palm trees)

lizrbit...

That's great. It's so funny the things that are going through my mind at the moment!

I've never been to galveston.. I know the song! I'm so lucky where I live now, the west coast of Ireland & it's truly beautiful... I have forts, valleys, lakes, rivers, oceans, cliffs, hills & mountains... all natural, all peaceful, I love it.

Mind you the weather is not always great but it's amazing how a beautiful place stays beautiful even in mad weather...a different view every day!

I'd LOVE to have a motor bike. but I'd be too nervous of the roads here... they're mad too!

Never Know! I could end up an Irish Bob Ross on a bike! I love him:p

I've realized that I'm quite the gardener/landscaper. I also have a motorcycle and came to the realization that I would prefer to get a sport motorcycle (aka crotch rocket) vs. the cruiser that I have. I think I never looked at them before because stomach wouldn't fit nicely over the gas tank.

Ireland!!!!! lunasa, how wonderful!!!

motorbikes are for sissies..im talking a real peddle to make it go bicycle!!

I go back to galveston to get my fills in houston (i love my surgeon and i love going back) maybe we can trade travel one day?

wouldnt that rock!?

is it green there? is it warm there right now???

Jack, i love you. You are my hero.

Lizrbit it's green alright..lush, rugged & very spiritual..

LOL motor bikes are for sissies!

It's the motor part of bike I like! (pedal fear!)

P.S.... it's not warm here...

That'll probably happen for a day in July!! We never know

Although the weather peolpe have predicted a heatwave this summer..

Please God I'll be a bit lighter for that!:bandit

Great Stuff Yuka... crotch rocket sounds good!

I realized that I have a great personality. I've always been too shy to really open up in front of people. Now, I really enjoy being in social situations and laughing and joking with people.

Oh...and I realized there's actually a pretty hot bod hiding in here! (still working it's way out!)

Lunasa, since I love to learn about different lands, would you be able to post some pictures sometime, somewhere, like maybe on the general discussion site on your country, things you see and enjoy, so we can learn about a different country?

LeeinDe

Sounds like a challenge! I have no photos to share right now, but I'd love to make a project of it...

I'm going to buy myself a decent camera next week.

Great Idea..xx :P