Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I'm going for another fill today....please let this be the one! I felt fuller faster after my last one 3 weeks ago but I'm looking for that restriction when I eat. Right now anything can be swallowed with no problem. I hope after today bread, tortillas etc will simply not be able to be swallowed. That is the only way I am able to stay away from them! I hope that I will HAVE to take tiny bites and eat slow. I'm also dreading going because I've gained 4 pds in the last 3 weeks. I was such a success with the band going from 314-170.....today my weight was 210. I've got to get me and my band in sync again! Wish me luck!

Wishing you all the best...hang in there! :)

Best wishes. Karen..aka..kll724

Good luck and a good way to avoid bread and chips is to not buy them. I'm right there with ya. If they're in the pantry, they call me and mock me till I open them. :angry:

It took me 3 fills before I felt some restriction. Don't be surprised if your adjustments don't offer immediate satiety. It may take several more to finally tweak your band to it's optimal performance.

tmf

Good luck and a good way to avoid bread and chips is to not buy them. I'm right there with ya. If they're in the pantry, they call me and mock me till I open them. :angry: It took me 3 fills before I felt some restriction. Don't be surprised if your adjustments don't offer immediate satiety. It may take several more to finally tweak your band to it's optimal performance. tmf

I totally agree. If they are a problem, avoid having them in your house. Convince yourself they are poison as they really are. That's what I do with Peanut Butter.

Thanks for the support! I try not to have them but the hubs likes them so we do have them sometimes. This will be my 5 th fill since totally unfilling my band in July so I hope this is the one!

Well they did my fill a little differently this time. I told her I still wasn't feeling any restriction so she had me stand up and she filled me completely and had me drink Water while taking Fluid out and putting in until I could swallow a drink without any problem. She ended up adding 1 cc. She said we should def have some restriction now. And if it should go away then I might have a leak but she really doesn't think I do. So fingers crossed that this was it!

Well they did my fill a little differently this time. I told her I still wasn't feeling any restriction so she had me stand up and she filled me completely and had me drink Water while taking Fluid out and putting in until I could swallow a drink without any problem. She ended up adding 1 cc. She said we should def have some restriction now. And if it should go away then I might have a leak but she really doesn't think I do. So fingers crossed that this was it!

If that is the way they did it, adjusting it till they feel it is perfect.... then be very careful and mindful of possible swelling irritation...that will make it seem like a lot more than 1cc putting you way over the top.......if so, stay with Soups, etc for a few days and ease into mushies....

My feeling is, if it was perfect when you left the office, no matter what happens in the next few days it can/will return to that same perfect place....so long as you don not continue to irritate it....(if it happens at all)

Good luck! I just had another fill today. I think, I'm at 7cc....I'm a little concerned. Having to have that much Fluid. However; I never felt restriction, until today. Never thought, that there could be a leak. I definitely feel restriction now. I need to start exercising too. I hope our fills work!

Edited by Jama11

If that is the way they did it, adjusting it till they feel it is perfect.... then be very careful and mindful of possible swelling irritation...that will make it seem like a lot more than 1cc putting you way over the top.......if so, stay with Soups, etc for a few days and ease into mushies....

My feeling is, if it was perfect when you left the office, no matter what happens in the next few days it can/will return to that same perfect place....so long as you don not continue to irritate it....(if it happens at all)

Thanks for the advice b52. I'll def take it easy. I just want restriction like you have! So hopefully I am close!

The Term "Restriction" can get very confusing at times....yes every one wants it, but understanding what exactly to achieve is another...

Not saying you, or many other people for that matter, but sometimes I read people using the term and I wonder if they really understand what it is they are looking for.... the term has been thrown around so much, it is becoming generic ...

It's 4am, have not even finished my first cup of coffee yet, I'm just rambling....

The Term "Restriction" can get very confusing at times....yes every one wants it, but understanding what exactly to achieve is another...

Not saying you, or many other people for that matter, but sometimes I read people using the term and I wonder if they really understand what it is they are looking for.... the term has been thrown around so much, it is becoming generic ...

It's 4am, have not even finished my first cup of coffee yet, I'm just rambling....

The restriction I'm looking for is 2 fold. I'm looking for restriction that makes me take very small bites and eat slowly because if I don't it sticks in my esophagus. And restriction that helps me to feel full after a small amount of food. I have had it before and I'm hoping to get back there. Do those descriptions sound right?