Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All! I'm having VSG in April. I was thinking about juicing afterward. Raw veggies and fruits. Anyone have an opinion about this? Any juicers present? What advice did your nutritionists give?

I had VSG on 12/6. Had fresh squeezed pineapple juice on 12/8. I started with juiced veggies on about 12/11 (didn't get a home juicer until then). A lot of NUTs or other sleevers will probably steer you toward the splenda/sugar free chemical stuff. i'm funny about artificial crap and wanted my body to get Vitamins naturally. That juice was a lifesaver in the beginning (definitely STRAIN it). I'm convinced its one of the reasons my energy didn't sag. I was back at work and chasing four kids by 12/12. Dont expect to be able to drink a lot and don't forget to log it into something like myfitnesspal to stay on top of the sugar. I watered a lot of mine down. my favorite was one apple, half a lemon, some ginger and a handful of kale or spinach and a little Water. Apple carrot ginger was good too.

Best of luck to you on your journey. It's really amazing to start to take control of your health!!

I have a good juicer. What I don't have is enough gumption to use it. I was just talking to my RNY wife how we need to use it even though it is a pain to clean up.

We need to get more vegetables in, this is the best way. It can count for Water intake but with Vitamins and enzymes. Trouble is, you can't juice a bunch and store it, it loses enzymes and nutrition. You have to juice what you can eat on the spot to get the full benefit.

We were brainstorming about juicing in the morning, giving it a quick clean, then juice throughout the day with quick cleans and then a thorough cleaning at the end of the day.

Right now what we are nuts about is our Keurig machine, too much coffee could be replaced by something more nutritious.

A big concern is thorough cleaning of vegetables to get all the crap off that farmers and grocers put on them. Some folks use a vegetable spray cleaner. We could use some tips, too.

I love juicing but as gmanbat said the cleaning is horrific...

I love veg and fruit juice, but my juicer sits and collects dust. Clean up is a pain! Luckily, the city I live in is saturated with juice bars, which is convenient.

Also, if you have a Whole Foods, try Daily Greens cold pressed juices. Great flavors, and NO clean up! Yay! A little pricey, but well worth it. :)

My NUT said no to juicing. However, I will still do it. I am only four days post-op but I tried juicing after pregnancy and it helped my weight and I felt satisfied. My NUT said juicing is bad for sleeves because you're not actually eating the Fiber. But I know I won't be eating enough fruits and veggies for their Fiber anyway, which is why they recommend benefiber and other fiber supplements. I also am not a fan of artificial sweeteners. I never drink sodas (diet or reg), and won't touch things like crystal light and propel. I love real Water and real foods. I do a variety of citrus fruits in my Water pitcher every day.

Let me know his juicing goes for you. I'm still on Clear liquids through week 2 so it'll be a while before I am juicing.

I juice when I have a lot of free time to clean the juicer. I do make green smoothies on regular basis using a high speed blender. They are filling and help me stay regular since the fiber is still intact. My basic recipe is Water, Protein Powder, greens, ice, and occasionally a little fruit. Endless combos with this recipe.

Fiber is not that difficult to get in. However, getting enough vegetable and fruit nutrition in in a whole form is difficult given our small tummies. Juicing gets in the essential part of vegetables and can be counted as liquid intake. The benefits are enormous.

Metamucil, Benefiber, a bit of high fiber Cereal, lots of ways to get fiber in.

I love green drinks such as Amazing Green Grass, http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=amazing+green+superfood&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=6465976176&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15203947331706117811&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_58ighfio9c_e .

In a bit of a money pinch right now or I would be hitting that every day.