Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New in Lapbandland

Hi .....

I have been reading quite a few posts here, I guess lurking in the background. So I thought that I would come out and say Hi...:) I am starting to get a little nervous, not so much about the surgery. But maybe the pain or discomfort afterwards.I am self pay and they send you home the same day. Do they make liquid pain medication? Tylenol? Would it be childrens? Can you walk right away ? I was supposed to do a walk for MS and I don't know if 10 days is enough time to commit to a 5k.

Thanks in advance for help and encouragement !! I hope I don't sound too nervous......

HI! WElcome to LAPBAND LAND! Congratuloations for making the decision to have the band! I am still waiting to get my approval so you are ahead of me! from what i have read you want to be carefull about physical activity for the first few weeks but i dont know.. sorry... as to medications, they have tons of liquid meds now and tylonol is supposed to be a good one. I hope all goes well for you and your surgery.. where are you going? i am going to duluth:p

Hi again!!

I am going to Fresno for my surgery. My Daughter in law is due to have a baby on tax day and I am really excited. I guess it would be hard to pick up a baby too. bsubabe I hope your approval comes soon....

Liquid Tylenol was all I took, although they gave me prescription meds. I dont think your energy level will be up to a 5k walk that soon post-op, but it may be! Also, dont let those nerves get to you too much....remember what a positive thing this is that you are doing for your health and well-being!!! Welcome to LBT!

Welcome to LBT...I concur with the others it took me at least 5 days after to walk up my driveway...and I had the gas pains for most of that time...walking a 5k is probably ambitious...but how much do you want to do it...if you push yourself you probably could.

:) becky

Hi Becky,

Thats the one thing I am not looking foward to is the gas pains. I had my gall bladder taken out with a similar surgery. Yuk....Anyway I wanted to comment that you are a really fast typer. Is it a.m. there ? and it is probably tomorrow tooo. And oh yeah its summer for you too.... too cool

hi ya jo...

its 2.17pm here on Friday 29th hehe! The gas sucks, true...but it is only temporary...and You will be fine!!! You have obviously had children...cant be any worse than that now can it. hehehe

:) becky

Well I guess if you look at it that way it should be a piece of cake.... My last child was over 9lbs....hmmmm I remember that...

teehee :faint: