Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I due to have my bypass this coming Thursday 20th February....

I am a 48 years old, 360+lb, Englishman, working and living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia....and I am extremely excited with the prospect of (hopefully) getting my "active" life back again.

My Best wishes to you all

Nobby

Hello from America Nobby... :D Welcome aboard..life is good down here in ONEderland, yes indeed it is. You have ALOT to look forward to in the coming years, Im 54, and just started exploring the whole of the USA in our RV (recreational vehicle) our other home on wheels. Life is so exciting now. I can climb, walk, jump from rock to rock, I can even HIKE..lol which use to be a dirty word to me..incredible, life little joys. Good luck Nobby

Many Thanks Dee, enjoy your exploring, rock jumping and hiking, it sounds wonderful!

I don't have an RV, but I do have 2 wonderful children under the age of 5 to keep me totally occupied and blissfully happy :) They are my drive and inspiration.

Although an RV does sound like a great idea...

Drive safely, Nobby

Welcome Nobby glad to meet you congrats on your date I should have my date on March 5 I look forward to reading your progress …

Cupcake...what a great name...Thank you very much, I will also be watching your progress during the coming months. I wish you the very best of luck!

Nobby

Nobby thank you , by the way have you thought about a journal and taking pictures before and after so you can watch your progress ?

Yes indeed, Cupcake.

My wife and I decided that tomorrow night will be portfolio time...watch this space. How about you?

I due to have my bypass this coming Thursday 20th February....

I am a 48 years old, 360+lb, Englishman, working and living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia....and I am extremely excited with the prospect of (hopefully) getting my "active" life back again.

My Best wishes to you all

Nobby

Hi Nobby! Take that 'hopefully' out of the equation - if you follow your program as closely as possible and do what you doctor (or team) tells you to do you WILL be successful and you'll have much to look forward to! :-)

I'm 55 and had my surgery 5/30/13. I'm 5' and weighed 233lbs - my back, knees, and feet hurt, I was on cholesterol meds, my bp was climbing, and I was pre-diabetic. I couldn't do anything without getting winded and had trouble even getting through my non-physical workday in a bank. My children are grown and the last chick moved out in April. My husband is in excellent physical condition but I couldn't do anything with him anymore due to my weight. I just wanted to live my life again and not be a spectator always on the sidelines watching. The only expectation I had from surgery was to get healthy. My team didn't set any goals for me - there was no pressure. I just followed my program as close as I could and the weight melted away. To date I have lost 107lbs. I reached my goal of being healthy, feeling good, and living again. I have dared to set a new goal of reaching the weight I was on my wedding day 33yrs ago (115lbs.). That's 11 more lbs - doable but if it doesn't happen it doesn't matter. The important goal has already been met - I'm happy, I feel good, I'm able to have some fun with my husband, and I don't dread my future now. Anything else is a bonus.

Best of luck to you. By summertime you should already be seeing and feeling a big difference! There is much to look forward to. :-)

Edited by terry1118

Nobby yes I plan on taking pictures before and after, I will be taking them monthly so that I can remember how hard I work to get to the new me. I have even bought a special book just for this. I am wishing you the best tomorrow , I know you can do this, please let us know how you are doing. Looking forward to joining you soon.

Hi All,

I have been deliberating writing this mail for some time now. My situation is this;

Pre-op all was good and my bypass surgery proceeded as planned on 20th Feb. The surgeon encountered significant issues which prevented him completing a bypass procedure and he decided, at the spur of the moment, to continue with a sleeve procedure instead.

What followed was an extremely nasty infection, giving me a high fever for the best part of a week or more. I am now finally out of Hospital, but still need to re-attend each day to allow them to change dressings in an open infection "drain " point in my stomach.

Do I blame the Surgeon, certainly not. He knew my desire was such, that he had confidence that I would want to continue with the Plan B Sleeve option. The infection.....well who knows....one of those things I guess.

I have a SLEEVE....sorry to miss-lead in any way. I was has shocked too.

Upside is, I have lost over 30lbs in less than 2 weeks....every cloud I guess.

Best of luck and stay healthy my friends

Nobby

Nobby congrats I am glad you are recovery please keep us posted.

Nobby, it sounds like you had a bit of a shock! I have heard amazing things about the sleeve, so I'm sure your success will not be limited by that! I hope that your infections and drains have all cleared up by now and that you are on the road to complete recovery. 33 pounds so far? That is so inspiring!!! Keep up the good work and soon you will be chasing your little ones all over the place, RV or not!! Blessings to you!

Hi Cupcake - Thank you for your kind sentiments. I am now 99% recovered and totally excited by my new life. The scales this morning confirm that I am now 47lbs down and my smile confirms that I am over the moon. I will keep posting my progress, but I guess I should hop across to the Post-Sleeve board. I will of course be keeping a very close eye on your progress too!

Hi THolland - Your words lifted me, when I was feeling sorry for myself, so thank you so much. I am much better thank you and my children can no longer "escape" Daddy. I am so lucky that I have already lost the weight of my 4 year old Son. Your surgery date is approaching, I'll keep a very close eye on your progress. Good luck and Blessings to you too.

Nobby

Nobby I am so glad your doing great, I am still awaiting a new surgery date I was told by my insurance company 5/5/14 because I have to take a 4 hour class and signed some paperwork and meet with the surgeon again . I am awaiting for the consultation person to contact me for my appointment . So I will keep you posted .