Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What weightloss rate is everyone loosing at?

Hi everyone...To start us off...I am loosing weight of about 2.2lbs a month...ok ok I am a slow looser...but its my own fault cause when I am walking I loose at a rate of 2.2lbs a week!!! Gotta get back into walking. Exercise is the key for me. What about everyone else?

:) becky

I think I'm averaging 10lbs a month - hope it keeps up, but we're never satisfied :) are we?

Yvonne

x

I cautiously enter this information since we all lose at different rates. The comparison can kill your momentum and make you think your not losing fast enough. I felt SOOO BAD reading how fast others are losing. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. I finally realized alot has to do with how much you have to loose. I am losing 2-3 pounds per month which, when I think back to my PRE-OP days the surgeon said 1-2 pound per week was as fast as he wanted. AND if Im losing in that guideline I dont need a fill. ALl the surgeons are different, but mine prefers slow and steady- good thing cause thats all Ive been able to do!!

Yeah - try not to compare yourself to others - everyone's different and loses at different rates

Yvonne

x

I can NOT average 2 pounds a week. If I calculate it, I average 1.7 and it goes down as each week goes by. BUT even those numbers don't really represent an accurate average as I lost 30 pounds in the first 40 days or so. I have been a slow loser since.

The thing that keeps me positive is that this weight AIN'T coming back on as it has countless times before. So I am proud of my average and if it continues, I should be at goal in no time at all really.

Time goes by anyway...........

I do not exercise and I lose 1 lb a week. Right now I am doing better though having lost 2.5 lbs this week. I am editing my diet to include more solids so I am not as hungry.

I have averaged a bit over 3 lbs per month since surgery. Not burning up the world or anything...

But yes - when I exercise, I lose much faster.

Just remember - slow is good. There is no shock to your system if you go slowly - your body doesn't fight as hard to get back to where you were before. Your hair doesn't fall out. Your skin has time to adjust as much as it can.

Slow is good... really.

:]

Every month I was at a different rate. There were months where I lost 10 lbs and months where the scale only moved a pound or two. Although we all say you can't compare to others, we all still do it. I would support everyone in trying to see the big picture. When I looked at my loss month to month it drove me insane. I now look back and think, "Wow! Without my band I would be even bigger!"

Life is good, no matter how slow I lose today!

Over the 18 months it took for me to lose all my weight, I averaged 9.94lbs / 4.5kg (that is just dividing the total weight lost by 18, some months I lost more, some less)

If I average it out, I've lost at 2.5kg per month.

I reality I lost 15kg in the first four months and have lost only 17 in the 12 months since then. I've lost 2kg in the last 3 months.

I've been a slow loser I guess. But I didnt have as much as many to lose in the first place and I've deliberately wanted to go slow and steady. Its easier, its healthier, I've enjoyed every stage along the way, I have all my hair and I dont have loose skin.

I have been banded 17 months, or 68 weeks. It averages to 1-1.5 lb per week. I actually lost about 6 lbs per month for the first 6 months and then it has tapered off a little slower as I get closer to goal.

I guess the point of this is to show everyone that we all loose at different rates...there is no 'standard' rate...so don't get disheartened if you don't seem to be loosing as fast as others...

:) becky

When i average out my weight loss it has been about 2 lbs per week. If i don't count that "quick start" from the liquid and mushy stage where i hardly ate anything, it's 1.3 lbs per week. It comes off unevenly though. In cycle, i tend to gain a bit before (which is disheartening) but then lose after.

I love my band, and any weight loss is a good thing. As time goes by i have become more active around the house and more involved with real life and less focused on what the scale has said that day.