Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did too. Try taking Biotin. It helped me after taking it for a few months!!

10000 mcg has worked fir me

Yes it helped me too, you need to take at least 10,000 per day. Also the Hair loss will stop after like 3 month. I was so scare thinking I was going bald, now I have more hair than before. Lol too much in fact. Good luck

I am in the process of losing all of mine.. it's not funny... at all..

I have no suggestions on how to stop it.. Only as previous posters have mentioned - how to make it grow back more quickly - Protein and Biotin...

It sucks - my sympathies :(

I've lost a lot. I had a lot of weight to lose, so I've been super restrictive with my diet for 14 months. It started coming out around month 4, that lasted 3-4 months, and it's not really coming back very fast. I went to the dermatologist, got some cortisone shots in my head which quickly halted the loss. I wish I had done that sooner. I also got a topical solution which seemed to help the loss. After the shots, I could see some regrowth. My hair was a little thin to start with, now it's really bad. I use Bosley fibers to cover up the shiny scalp at the part. Yesterday I got a new product from the dermatologist that's supposedly been used with great success in Europe for years, and was just approved for use in the US in the past of couple of months. It's a Shampoo, topical spray, and Vitamins. The NP said her friend also has thinning hair, has been using this about 6 weeks, and you can definitely see regrowth, so I'm really hoping it works for me.

I've lost a lot. I had a lot of weight to lose, so I've been super restrictive with my diet for 14 months. It started coming out around month 4, that lasted 3-4 months, and it's not really coming back very fast. I went to the dermatologist, got some cortisone shots in my head which quickly halted the loss. I wish I had done that sooner. I also got a topical solution which seemed to help the loss. After the shots, I could see some regrowth. My hair was a little thin to start with, now it's really bad. I use Bosley fibers to cover up the shiny scalp at the part. Yesterday I got a new product from the dermatologist that's supposedly been used with great success in Europe for years, and was just approved for use in the US in the past of couple of months. It's a Shampoo, topical spray, and Vitamins. The NP said her friend also has thinning hair, has been using this about 6 weeks, and you can definitely see regrowth, so I'm really hoping it works for me.

I shall definitely be exploring the cortisone with my doctor... I'm starting to get really really thin around my temples and hairline.

Could you tell us the brand of the shampoo, topical spray and Vitamins that you're using, too?

Would be much appreciated :)

The Shampoo "system" (as they call it) is a Glytone product. You can only get it via a physician. It's quite expensive, but I'll do or pay almost anything to regrow my hair! I've only had it for a day, so can't say if it works for me, but you can check it out online. And like I said, the NP told me she has actually seen it start to work on her friend. Honestly, when you read the label on the Vitamins you'll likely be unimpressed. It's b Vitamins, Biotin, zinc, and a couple of other things. The office girl said they had to attend education about it, and of course, the vendor said it's the combination that makes the difference. I found it on Amazon just now MUCH cheaper than what I paid for it. They sold me the anaphase shampoo (not on this link), the anacaps, and a anastim spray that I don's see here.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_12?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keywords=glytone%20shampoo&sprefix=glytone+sham%2Cbeauty%2C342&rh=i%3Abeauty%2Ck%3Aglytone%20shampoo

The injections in my head didn't hurt, and you could really see the growth where they injected it.

Edited by MichiganChic

I started to lose my hair ( what I had ) in the 1st month of surgery. I have taken Biotin and use a special Shampoo and now at 5 months out still losing. I faithfully take my Vitamins and consume my protien. 53 yr old male so I am curious if anyone can relate or share comments and suggestions.

P.S. I did lose 80 lbs in 4 months gastric sleeve , at my goal and feel great

I have been reading on hairloss so I wonder if the people who lose lots of hair are the ones who lost 1/2 their weight in a few months or if people are not getting a lot of Protein (I hear some say they get 90 grams and have noticed less) or if taking Biotin really helps..I don't know I like to research things...but I wish I could say I have figured it out.. has any of the ladies taken prenatal Vitamins instead of multi Vitamin

My Dr tells all his patients that 3-6 months post-op some people will lose hair. Unfortunately I was one of those patients, I have thin hair to begin with too, mine started at 4 months out. I was told to up my Protein from 60 grams daily to 80 grams daily, I was already taking Biotin. It finally did stop falling out shortly after my 6 month mark. It is very stressful, but I am about half way to go goal now and I wouldn't think twice about doing it all over again.