Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes, I tend to subscribe to the fat helps with satiety approach. More then once a desire to keep eating has been extinguished with a baby bel cheese. I tend not to track fat intake, but do make a point of eating healthy types of food so fat consumption takes care of itself.

The only macro I tend to really focus on is Protein and I try and eat the lean variety. I average between 30-40 G Protein a meal and set 7-8 times a day. The last meal is always on the high end at 60-70 g and the first meal is always on the low end at 30 g. I eat a lot of lean protein to keep my metabolism revved up, my insulin response neutral and my body in anabolic state versus catabolic state as a result of being very active. Even though my protein numbers are high, I tend to just preserve an athletic body composition rather than bulking up. My goal is not to lose lean muscle.

I do eat carbs, but always in the mid to low glycemic level and usually only for 2-3 meals out of the day. I am not tracking them in terms of grams, but do measure out quantities like 1/2 cup steel oats before working out or 1 cup Fiber one Cereal for Breakfast (with a premier shake). I have a post workout bar which has unprocessed honey in it. There are a bunch of carbs from that, but the honey is handled much better by your body than table sugar. I also eat 1-2 oz of some veggie if I can with the lean protein. This contributes to some carbs.

I try and drink a lot of Water. There is no set number, but it tends to be filling up my 32 oz water bottle 7-8 x a day. Yes, I visit the toilet often, but the Water is needed to keep the liver and kidneys healthy when consuming high protein. I also need it to flush out the waste from exercise.

Vitamins- a multi, 1500 mg Calcium, 5000 iu Vitamin d and two veggie capsules (from trader joe) for getting a good dose of nutrients. Every day. Never miss taking these.

So there you have it.

I speak in generalities. Tracking is not something that has ever interested me. Eating healthy and focusing on the basics (like madam) has always been my key to success since the beginning. I tend not to eat sweets, breads, starchy stuff, fruit or dairy (aside from baby bell cheese when needed). As my diet is very simple, I do not believe tracking is required.

My program is very similar too Madam Reverie's except for my Protein requirement at 70 grams. It is nearly Paleo. If I can catch it or pick it, I can eat it - Protein first. Nothing made in a factory except I can have one Protein shake a day.

I have been getting that same message from myfitnesspal every day since I started my pre-op last September. Oh well.

LOL thank you all. The responses here are over my head but you are all phenominal with your knowledge!!! But I am going to work harder on a plan, and made an appointment to see the NUT next week. She works for the surgeon so I think they should lead us a little better than say "eat healthy" at 2 months. God Bless!