Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Get Motivated to Exercise

I will get ready to workout in the mornings and then it takes every ounce of mental strength I have just to start. Once I'm in a good rhythm, I feel good and even better when I'm done. I just can't seem to get going. I feel sluggish and lethargic. I'm not quite 3 months out, so I know this is the magic time when I should be exercising, but I seem to have a million reasons not to, even though I know they're all bs.

Someone help motivate me!

Hey sleeve sister ( we were sleeved on the same day). I am struggling to get going too. I think I am going to start the 30 day shred today. But I am generally just tired. I work weekend 12 hour nights, I'm a full time student and have two small children. It's hard but we have to get it in if we want to be successful. I'm in a stall right now so I'm looking to burst through/. I am aiming to hit the 40 pound mark on our 3 month surgiversary.

Hey sleeve sister ( we were sleeved on the same day). I am struggling to get going too. I think I am going to start the 30 day shred today. But I am generally just tired. I work weekend 12 hour nights, I'm a full time student and have two small children. It's hard but we have to get it in if we want to be successful. I'm in a stall right now so I'm looking to burst through/. I am aiming to hit the 40 pound mark on our 3 month surgiversary.

The 30 Day Shred is awesome! That's what I've been doing when I can get myself to exercise. :) You might also like Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

I know how it feels with the kids and school. I have a special needs 8-year-old son who takes up a lot of my time when he's home, and even when he's not here I'm preparing for him to come home from school, taking care of the house, looking for work. I graduated from undergrad last May and am planning on going into a PhD program fall of next year, so lots of things to prep there, too. So far exercising only sporadically hasn't impacted my weight loss any, but I'd also like to be somewhat less flabby when I get under 200.

Oh, Lumps, you can do it! It really makes a difference. You've done so amazingly well so far. Make the most of it! You know the drill. Just do it, girlfriend :) Maybe changing up the time of day? I can't get myself going in the morning at all.

OK, now you can motivate me. I'm supposed to leave for the gym right now and instead I'm writing this LOL.

:P

Oh, Lumps, you can do it! It really makes a difference. You've done so amazingly well so far. Make the most of it! You know the drill. Just do it, girlfriend :) Maybe changing up the time of day? I can't get myself going in the morning at all.

OK, now you can motivate me. I'm supposed to leave for the gym right now and instead I'm writing this LOL.

:P

Go to the gym and then come back and tell me how amazing you feel and what you did! Maybe that will motivate both of us to get off our rumps! :P

OK, I went to the gym and I really did feel better! I even went for a walk afterwards because it is such a pretty day today. My weight routine is 6 weeks long. This is my last week before my torturer (oops, I mean Trainer) changes up my program again, so everything is about as easier as it gets. Next week I doubt I'll be so cheerful!

I just did 30 day Shred. Glad I got it in for today. Lumpy, we should be buddies so that we can encourage each other. What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing.

Height 5 ft 2

HW: 276

Start of Preop diet: 262

Day of surgery (11/25): 253

CW:221 ( a little slower than I hoped)

GW: 130 (normal BMI is 136)