Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Troubles

Hello! I am about 3 weeks post-op, (pureed stage) and I'm having trouble getting in my daily amount of Protein. I'm having trouble telling the difference between feeling "full" and just not feeling hungry anymore (compared to how I felt when I was hungry pre-op). Any suggestions on foods I can have on the pureed stage that will help give me the boost I need? I've become pretty accustomed to tuna fish, but like most things, you can only eat so much of it before you're sick of it. Thanks!

Do you have any unflavored Protein Powder you could add to puréed food to boost levels?

Do you have any unflavored Protein powder you could add to puréed food to boost levels?

i did purchase some unflavored protein powder, but i have yet to use it. it would probably make sense to try to add it to things that arent necessarily alot of protein ;)

Hello! I am about 3 weeks post-op, (pureed stage) and I'm having trouble getting in my daily amount of Protein. I'm having trouble telling the difference between feeling "full" and just not feeling hungry anymore (compared to how I felt when I was hungry pre-op). Any suggestions on foods I can have on the pureed stage that will help give me the boost I need? I've become pretty accustomed to tuna fish, but like most things, you can only eat so much of it before you're sick of it. Thanks!

I'm on the purée stage too, some of my favorite things to eat are: humus, guacamole, tuna, mashed potatoes with sour cream, plain white yogurt, cottage/ricotta cheese, grits, eggs ect...

As for getting too full, the best thing you can do I measure your food to avoid over eating.

I'm on the purée stage too, some of my favorite things to eat are: humus, guacamole, tuna, mashed potatoes with sour cream, plain white yogurt, cottage/ricotta cheese, grits, eggs ect...

As for getting too full, the best thing you can do I measure your food to avoid over eating.

ive tried eggs a couple times since i started the pureed stage and both times they seemed to upset my stomach. tuna is my go-to. i havent done guac yet, i should though since i love it. i tried the plain yogurt, i didnt like the taste at all. the cottage cheese & ricotta are good ones too that i should do. i need to go shopping now lol thanks for your ideas! i was going to try those laughing cow cheese wedges since theyre pretty soft, but i wast sure if they were still a little too thick?

Edited by Princess_Ally

I'm at puréed stage too. I drink two Premier Protein shakes per day to be sure to get my 60 G protein in. ( mid morning and mid-afternoon) This soon after surgery, I am unable to take in enough food at a meal to get enough protein within my meals.

I purchased Unjury unflavored protein powder and I hate it. It has a smell that I can't get past.

I just tried a few bites of scrambled eggs and had a bad reaction :(. The Unjury unflavored is a good source for adding Protein to food, if you can get past the smell. I've tried it in Soups and you can't taste it. Last night I tried some Refried Beans with guac and a little enchilada sauce- yum and no problems!

Edited by J-Cal8

Princess- I hated the plain yogurt too, but I can have the Greek flavored ones as long as there are no lumps. The Dannon lite & fit toasted coconut vanilla and key lime are really good.