Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommened Protein Shakes

I'm starting my pre-op Liquid Protein diet in a few days. I've seen many reviews that they are not tasty. Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand and flavor, as well as whatever add ins you might use. My surgery date is The end of February.

For my surgery pre-op diet (and as a main source of Protein for weeks following the surgery) my surgeon has his patients use the Bariatric Fusion brand. i actually found them to be not so bad. they offer a pretty large variety of flavors, and i have tasted 3 of them so far. my favorite of the 3 was cinnamon bun. the strawberry shortcake was decent, but im not a big fan of the chocolate mousse. pre op, i used 1% milk as a mixer, and post op i have been using unsweetened vanilla almond milk. hope this helps :)

Premier 30gm of Protein and delicious!

My fav's are Unjury vanilla with strawberries added & Premiere Protein in chocolate. I ordered the Unjury from Amazon & the premiere comes in to go containers in 2 sizes packed with 18 or 30 gms of protein . Ther r available at Meijers, Walmart just to name a couple stores & they r soooo good! Hope that helps!

Gets my vote.

Gets my vote.

Mine too! It's conveient and tasty - and reasonably priced. I also recommend just buying a lot of samples from different companies and trying them to keep you from getting bored.

Premier and Unjury

I've used EAS Myoplex light strawberry (yummmm!!!), Muscle milk vanilla creame and Atkins vanilla. Good luck!!!

oh yeah....Muscle Milk banana creame is yummo too!!

I've really liked the Bariatric Fusion Cappuccino and cinnamon bun powders. And the orange cream. I mixed all these with Water and fat free milk and both ways are good, but they were way better with milk. And the unflavored was good in my Soup. Bought a tub of Unjury unflavored and put it in my soup tonight and it was fine. I also like the extreme60 whey Protein from GNC.

Edited by Sarahjane79

I wish I had known about Ensure High Protein shakes when I was in the liquid phase. Premixed, smooth, not gritty and no aftertaste. 25g Protein, 5g sugar, 2.5g fat and 210 calories. I like the milk chocolate flavor. I am about 14 weeks out and drink one almost every day for a Meal Replacement. They also have vanilla, dark chocolate and strawberry flavors. A little pricey at about 2.75/bottle but we used to spend twice that at McDonald's for lunch remember? :)