Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Y'all I am supposed to start my pre-op diet this Friday and have been contemplating having a last big meal (Thinking of a 16oz steak, mash and gravy with hefty piece of garlic bread. I know this is wrong and beats the psychological prep, but I believe in going out with a bang! So did you get one and what was it?

Cheers

Ossama

i wanted my last meal to be at outback's steak house. i wanted the cheesy fries, but i never got there. and now don't even think about them. i think a lot of us had last meals. enjoy it.

Well, I for one did not! I had already reduced my plate and food intake to a desert size plate, and was following the nutrionist guidelines for the size food I should be eating. But, if that is what you feel you want, go for it! Best wsihs on your upcoming surgery! Karen..aka.kll724

Edited by kll724

Congrats on the surgery! My last meal was a.. chicken salad. Which has also been my lunch the past year and a half. I am so boring with food.

Pre-op diet was horrible for me though, nothing but Protein bars & shakes for a month. Never again.

Edited by alicesandra

Terrydumont46 I guess I just want one lust gluttonfest before the band!

kll724 I wish I had ur will power!

alicesandra I am totally impressed by your weightloss and if boring food gets me there well count me in!

Hi Y'all I am supposed to start my pre-op diet this Friday and have been contemplating having a last big meal (Thinking of a 16oz steak, mash and gravy with hefty piece of garlic bread. I know this is wrong and beats the psychological prep, but I believe in going out with a bang! So did you get one and what was it?

Cheers

Ossama

heck yeah

i have a whopper w/cheese (of course) from burger king

and 2 tall boy coors light.......i bid eating like that a fond F YOU

:)

I had a last few meals, over the course of the months leading up to my surgery. Yes, I'm an idiot. But hey, it was Christmastime and it was the first holiday season I've gone through as an adult where I ate absolutely GUILT FREE because I knew my surgery was coming up.

But yeah. It was dumb. Because I had to go and lose those 11 pounds which I added to my already high weight.

Now I know that being banded is nothing like planning to go on a diet "next Monday/January 1st, etc etc". Because I just went through another Christmas season guilt free due to the wonderful presence of my lapband.

Totally agree parisshel. but I have to give food a big farewell! I start Friday so I guess tonight is steak night tomorrow is pizza, Wednesday is Fried chicken and gravy and the big farewell is Fattah which is an Egyptian dish that my mom masters!

Yes, do a last big meal if you want. The hubby and I went to an awesome local restaurant. They have these big giant gourmet burgers that come with steal fries the size of the Empire State Building. A last hurrah and then I was on the straight and narrow.

I had several 'last meals' before the preop diet. So much so that I actually was sick the night before and had nothing to eat. Just know that you will eventually get to the point where it won't matter. You'll be able to eat some of the foods you eat now, but you'll find that looking and feeling good will be more important than the food.

I promise...it will happen and you won't feel the loss of your comfort foods like you are now.

Good luck!!

Terrydumont46 I guess I just want one lust gluttonfest before the band!

kll724 I wish I had ur will power!

alicesandra I am totally impressed by your weightloss and if boring food gets me there well count me in!

Yeah! I call it boring just because I'm not much of an eater, but I do love salads so sticking with it for lunch is what makes sure I remember to eat during the afternoon, or I won't bother and that's not good.

You can still eat your mom's yummy food, you'll just eat less! But it's probably a good idea to lay off of it for a while.

After reading on here that rice can be tough after being banded, my last hurrah meal was going out for sushi ( and lots of it lol ) !

I've only had one fill and not a lot of restriction so far. I looove sushi and didn't even think about the fact that it might cause problems until after I had the band. So far, rice doesn't bother me. I ate some sushi last week and chewed it very well. I did Ok. It was grocery store sushi so on the last few pieces, I removed the outer ring of rice and just ate the inside. Still delicious.