Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi My name is Julie and I've been banded for 10 months. I have only lost 45 lbs to date. I am trying to get back on track. I am going in for a fill on Friday. I've been having trouble in my personal life. A good friend of mine for 25 years decided that she didn't want to be friends anymore. Needless to say, I am devasted by her actions. I can't sleep at night thinking where I went wrong. I also have a 14 year boy that has been having difficulty. I have a call into my Psychiatrist to see if he can see him for depression. He has been caught drinking, smoking pot and just received an F in Algebra. It seems that everything is happening at once. I want to get him some counseling but he swears he will not talk during the session. He also lost his virginity about 2 months ago so that was news to me. Anyway, enough of a dump. At least I am down 45 lbs. That is good.

Julie! I don't have any words of wisdom.. I wish that I did! I just wanted to congratualte you on your weight loss, you have done great so far! I'm sure that the fill will halp to kickstart your weight loss. Do you drink enough Water? Are you eating good, solid Protein, how many calories are you consuming, are you exercising? Those are the first things to track when you hit a plateau. I wish you the best of luck with your son, and I am soo sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. One thing to consider is.. that the people who are in your life are there because they are supposed to be. Those who aren't in your life are not meant to be. I think that I heard Joel Osteen do a sermon about this. I send you hugs, support and encouragement and offer you a ear to bend any time that you need it. Now, go get that fill!;)

Kim, thank you for the kind words. I really needed them today. I am feeling really low about my friend today so its nice to get support. I guess crying and feeling bad is part of the mourning process. I can't wait for my fill. I want to be down 50 lbs within a month. Thanks again.

Julie that is her loss not yours. As much as it sucks right now and as hurt as you feel she doesn't desrve a friend like you if she is just willing to up and abondon for no reason.

As for your son, I would take him to counseling. If he doesn't want to talk, fine. Just make him understand that you are going to remove every ounce of freedom from his life until he cleans up his act.

No problem. I know what it feels like to be in the position you are in (somewhat) and it sucks. Just try to take care of yourself!

From one Julie to another.. a big hug. I can hug you and cry with you. I am in the midst of my own storms but I will be glad to help you stand through yours.

Julie, I feel for you and your son. Has his change in behavior been recent and sudden? I hope he is not involved with anything like drugs, or drinking. Do you like the friends he has? Does he spend much time away from home? I would really support you on your counseling plans, I always tell my sons that I dont need permission to be thier mom, I am not supposed to be thier best friend, but I am supposed to take my responsibility to care for them and do what I think is necessary even if I am not the most popular one in the house.

As far as the friend that decided to flake off, well she couldnt have been a really good friend. Is she jealous of your new self? She is the one that is loosing out, you are doing great to care for yourself. I wish I could take you out for coffee, or tea... Take care girl, and love that boy. Another thing I tell my sons is that there is never anything that they could do to make me love them less, and I am their greatest champion, and always will be. I also tell them that I dont need thier permission to love them too.

Victoriana, thank you for the kind words. I like the fact that you have sons too. Yes, he did dabble with alcohol and marijuana. He is only 14 so I am concerned for him. I am trying to get him into the Psychiatrist I see to make sure he isn't depressed. Thanks for the insite.

I feel much better today. I have lost 2 lbs this week. I upped my solid intake because I called the surgeons office and apparently my diet is too soft so I was hungry every 2 hours. Anyway, thank you all for your posts. Julie