Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is wrong with me?????

I have had my band for 8 months. I lost 60 pounds the first 6 months, now nothing. I have had 5 fills and am up to 2.7cc's in a 4cc's band. I guess I have good restriction and I'm eating maybe 1000 calories a day and about 30 g of Protein is about all I can get in and I haven't lost an ounce and in fact have gained 4 pounds for the first time since surgery that I've gained anything. My last fill was 4 weeks ago and I just don't know what to do????? I am beginning to think my band is done working. Any suggestions at all?

Yes - I notice that mention of exercise is conspicuously absent from your post...

Alas - exercise is a requirement. Start small - but start exercising. Park the car at the far end of the parking lot and walk briskly into the store - do canned food lifts in front of the TV - just do something.

I have experienced this repeatedly over the last year. If I start slacking off and stop going to the gym, I stop losing weight.

Conversly - if I am exercising, I don't need to be particularly careful about what I eat. So long as I keep the diet low carb and get my exercise, I lose weight.

Exercising is so hard for a bonafide couch potato - but it is well worth it.

Good Luck!

I got to tell you, the 60 lb mark is hard. I sat at around 60 to 70 lbs down for a couple of months and nothing seemed to work.

Try all the tricks: increase/decrease your calories a couple of days, increase/decrease your exercise a bit, try to get more Water. I'm not sure what tricks work but this is what I did and one day the scale started to move again. Make sure to stay off the scale for a week and try not to stress. Stress makes me hang on to weight like nothing else.

Thanks for all of your advice. Yes, I'm exercising, and trying to do more everyday, and drinking Water. It's like I got here and now I'm done. I still need to loose 50 pounds. I emailed Dr. Curry today to ask his opinion since he's my doctor, maybe he has a clue. I do still get hungry but I've had 5 fills and it is hard to believe with 2.7cc's in 4cc's band that I'm not full enough.

Funny, I am at 2.5cc. I am the very same. STUCK at 62 pounds. I do have an eating problem, I think about food all the time, I plan what I can eat next. Recently I had to take a good hard look at what I AM eating.

I put it all in on fitday.com and couldn't believe the innocent calories I was taking in. I slipped into the habit of eating the 'easy' foods. I AM exercising my ass off this month, joined a gym, hired a personal trainer and I'm enjoying it, but I still seem to be stuck.

So I appreciate knowing that 60-70 is a 'stuck' place to be, so I have just booked a fill for Monday, I am going to recommit to eating healthfully and watch the next 10 pounds come off come hell or high water......

Good luck to you. This isn't always easy is it?

I personally think you need to drastically up your Protein. I would think you should be getting in at least 60 Gms per day.

I myself had the problem of not enough Protein. Probably less than 20 Gms per day. I have started drinking two Protein Drinks per day and my weight is starting to just fall off.

Myra

Do you post on fitday.com or something similar? That helps me so much! IT's been a real education.

I would suggest upping your potein to 60-80 (I myself do 100 grams every day). It's not hard if you find a good supplement you like....and there are some good ones out there if you'll just look. I get about half my Protein from supplements and enjoy every bit of it (shakes, latte's, Protein Bars, etc). Use the ones made for bariatric patients, not jocks.

Do you know how many carbs a day you are taking in? Less than 40 net carbs is necessary for me to lose anything (not total carbs, net carbs....look at a label, find Total Carbs; under Total Carbs it will give the Dietary Fibers and Sugars - deduct those two from your Total Carbs- that equals your net carbs). Eliminating all white (starchy) carbs makes it much easier to keep the carb count down.

Best wishes to you!!