Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gaining weight after 6 yrs of surgery

gaining weight after 6 years. I guess its not longer working or the band has sliped. Makign appt with dr.

that's not bad..pat yourself on the back....I have lost weight only to regain majority of it back in a year or less...of course we don't want to gain weight and its a good thing that you have had success with your band.....GOOD LUCK

Have you been going for regular fills in those six years? I faithfully go to my surgeon once a month and I'm almost two yrs out. It gets tedious going for fills and it's 2 1/2 hrs drive to my surgeon but I'm still not in the green.

gaining weight after 6 years. I guess its not longer working or the band has sliped. Makign appt with dr.

THIS is something I always am interested in...longterm success or issues. Thanks for coming here to share your story. I'm glad you are making an appt with your surgeon to discuss and determine what has happened to cause the gain. One thing I hear when attending support group seminars from other types of WLS ( other than the band ) is that when they go back to thier surgeons, all they are ever told is DIET and EXERCISE....that's it. Nothing more to be said... or done to help. It is what it is... :( I hear it often.

I'm so glad to know that I have another option. My surgery is adjustable!!! I look forward to hearing what your surgeon recommends. Best wishes and never, ever give up! :)

If it was a slip you'd be in pain, reflux, unable to swallow many foods etc. You may just need a fill?

What are you eating daily?

Speculating.......what if you've been hovering near the green zone for years but never really quite there....and you've been working hard to lose weight and maintain.....but you are not at the proper fill and if you were (when you are) you will find yourself in a whole other place?

Head huger?

I have been banded for 2 years and 9 months, but head hunger sometimes comes back when I am dissatisfied with my life or worried about something.

On such occasions food is powerful and appealing and it seems to promise the solution to what I don't like in my life. What a big lie!

Head huger?

I have been banded for 2 years and 9 months, but head hunger sometimes comes back when I am dissatisfied with my life or worried about something.

On such occasions food is powerful and appealing and it seems to promise the solution to what I don't like in my life. What a big lie!

So true :( However, on rare occasions, for me, it helps me get past major disappointments in my life.

For instance. My Denver Broncos got their butts handed to them last Sunday :angry: Cheesecake and pizza for a couple of days got me through my 2 day mourning period. Yeah, feeling awful over a stupid football team is silly, but I'm a guy, what can I say. But I now know for a fact that comfort food does assuage my guilt, disappointment and emotional issues.

So, after 2 days, back on track and feeling better. Food is great and it's much better than beating my wife(as if I could, 3rd degree blackbelt in tae kwon do).

From what I've read and what my physician has said, after some time, the Fluid does tend to seep out. Hopefully that is the case and all you will need is a simple fill. Hope it is not a slip. Keep us posted.