Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby Food? Pureed Foods stage

I have a listing from my Nutritionist as to what to eat a week after surgery. ( My surgery is in a week and since I dont plan on going out to go food shopping after I wanted to get everything ready before hand.) On my list there is baby food. i was wondering which ,if any, baby food tastes best or what did you do to survive the pureed food stage?

All I can say is YUCK!!!!!!!!! I can't even imagine it.

Baby food is for babies, my nutrionist says to buy the real thing and puree yourself, this way you get all the nutrion from it you can.

Baby food is for babies, my nutrionist says to buy the real thing and puree yourself, this way you get all the nutrion from it you can.

Mine told me we could puree it ourselves too. Either way pureed chicken just doesn't seem edible to me.

try tofu, its very bland and very high in Protein 20 grams per 1/2 cup and it takes seasoning well. try using tofu with some chicken stock or beef stock to flavor it, should solve your problem

That's a fantastic idea, Chris619! I have a friend who loves tofu and has been trying to get me to like it - may just ask her about this and do a taste test!

Mine told me we could puree it ourselves too. Either way pureed chicken just doesn't seem edible to me.

It tastes pretty good to me :) You already "puree" chicken in your mouth when you chew. It tastes exactly the same, just with mashed potato texture.

I think of Puree like pate'. I blend only enough so it remains thick - tuna, chicken, turkey, Soups, etc. I also consider the foods that end up pureed while chewing, like cottage cheese and other soft stuff.

After the liquids stage, anything with taste is good, so yucky doesn't become an issue.

I pureed chicken with things like marinara sauce (topped with mozzarella cheese & heated up in microwave), low cal BBQ Sauce (top with cheddar cheese & heat up), and chipotle hot sauce. It was delicious! I've only smelled baby food a couple of times and thought it was beyond revolting, I could never eat that. I'm sorry that we inflict it on innocent, defenseless babies. :huh:

I bought Gerber brand. It tastes ok. Baby food is a personal choice. Buy some and try it. i find it helpful when I dont have time to prepare my own. its also good to keep on had at work or in the car. Everyone is different and don't let anyone else make the choice for you.