Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vicodin Hell - Laughter is the best med, right?

Anyone else go into a deep depression following use of Vicodin? I've avoided that drug for years but needed it post-op. Now I'm in such a sad place. I know I'll shake it off in a day or two but if anyone wants to jump in here and post something funny, I'd welcome the laugh! I'll start by saying that when I was waiting to go back to the OR, I was quietly telling myself over and over to please not come out of anesthesia crowing that the IV bag holder looked like a penis...

Buddha walks up to a hot dog stand and says make me one with everything.

Okay, so there's an old New Hampshire couple. Husband says to the wife, "Get your coat, I'm going down to the pub." She responds, "oh, am I going with you then?" "No, but I'm turning the heat down before I leave." Ba-dum-dum.....

and one last one....

PMS is not funny. Period.

Feel better and keep that sense of humor! Don't forget to take something for Constipation if you've been on pain killers -- I'm sure there are a lot of jokes about that, but I won't go there right now.

Ah...yes I have those days too though it's not necessarily from medication but from stress. Here is a funny story...well a couple of them at my husbands expense poor guy!

First is a related Vicodine story. Hubby has really bad hips (needs to have them replaced) so the doctor gave him Vicodine for pain, his oral surgeon also gave him Tylenol with codine for pain (aka Vicodine) for tooth extraction. Each bottle had a different medication name, so hubby having just had oral surgery took the meds the doctors had given him. (both were low dose thank God!)

After about 10 minutes of talking to me he started sounding like an Indian at a Pow-Wow...A heya heya heya hey...he repeated on a loop in a chanting manor while bopping up and down on the bed.

I couldn't help myself I started laughing my face off so he started laughing and we were both crying from laughing in a few minutes. (I called the doc to be sure he would be OK and the doc said yes just let him sleep it off and don't do that again.) He never did that again but we often laugh about it.

Second story: When Hubby came out of surgery after getting his band he was screaming and yelling that they cut off his leg. The nurses and doctor came rushing into the waiting room to find me because no matter how much they tried to reassure him that both his legs were still there he would not stop yelling at them for cutting off his leg!

I had just had band surgery 3 days prior so they didn't want me to be in the recovery room until he was "stable", but they had no choice as he would not listen to anyone. He calmed down after I got there, as I pulled the sheet back and asked him what do you see, and he said "my feet". I said so that proves that both your legs are right where they should be, and no one cut your leg off and took it away.

Medication can make us all a little loopy sometimes. I'm happy to say we are both doing great and I have not seen the One Legged Indian since surgery :)

400 lbs woman goes to her Doctor and he tells her shes a mess. Her knees are bad, her back is bad, her cholesterol is through the roof, shes borderline diabetic has very bad sleep apnea and he tells her that she problably won't live another year in the shape shes in. That night she gets on her volumous knees and prays to the Lord to help her that she's not ready to die. The Lord tells her to not worry about it, she's going to live to be a very old woman. She's so happy that she goes and has LAPBAND surgery, loses lots of weight, has a Tummy Tuck and goes ahead and gets a facelift and breast job. She's feeling pretty good about herself by this time. She goes to cross the street on one of her many many shopping trips and is hit but a bus. She gets to heaven and tells the Lord "What the h....? Do you realize how much money I spent to look this good cuz you told me I would live to be an old woman? Do you realize what i have gone through with the many surgeries I've had? The Lord looked at her.....turned around and gave her a 2nd look and said..............Oops! Sorry, I didn't recognize you.

..............Oops! Sorry, I didn't recognize you.

Hahahaha!!! That's a good one :)