Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

On 2-7 will be my one month since surgery and I am feeling so tired.I eat my Protein but perhaps not enough.

I'm down 20 lbs but feel I should be down more at the 1 month mark.

I am also quite nausous almost everytime I eat.

Does anyone have any advise or remedies?

P.S.

I also need to update my ticker to reflect my weight loss but haven't figured out how....Help!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Deb

go to your profile and click edit. then the surgery information, then update any information or weight.

Hi! I will be sleeved a month on the 11th. I am down 17lbs since the surgery and 42lbs over all. I am drinking a Protein shake once a day. I am also eating mushy foods and chewing everything until it is liquid. BUT I have no energy!! NONE!!! I try to walk since I haven't been cleared to exercise yet but I give out and have to sit down. I went back to work after two weeks and all I want to do is lay my head on my desk. I am told that it will get better. I certainly hope so!

To LRG2014

Thank you so much for responding....I want to do more but am so exhausted. I too went back to work after 2 weeks and have a desk job but man all I want to do is lay down....I am even eating real food + a Protein shake at night. Today for lunch I am having a 1/2 of salad with no croutons, an some chicken.

LRG how have you been able to get past being so tired at work? Also I caught a nasty cough thats been handing on for over a week straight...its chest congestion and man I cannot sleep which makes this all worse.

How are you doing? Do you have any nausea?

For excercise I try just to move every day...even if its just walking the dog around the block- just anything.

Whats your real name because LRG doesn't sound good it sounds like LARGE and you are looking so good.

Anyway lets keep in touch and encourage one another ok?

Warmest Regards,

Debbie

Y'all just had surgery! Give yourselves a break... everyone is different, I was slow to get moving too, I also have RA, so that slowed me down more... I didn't go back so soon, and when I went back I had FMLA for half days for a week so I could ramp up slowly. It all seems like a lifetime ago now, I can move almost like a regular person ;) my legs/knees hurt sometimes; but nothing like before when I was the poster child for JABBA... enjoy your successes and just take it easy, don't expect so much from yourselves! It'll get better soon, promise!

Hi , i agree with BigGirlPanties, major surgery will take time to feel "normal" again. Also, you don't say if you are getting your fluids in. That is also just as important as your Protein. good luck to you bot LRG and Debbie!!

To LRG2014

Thank you so much for responding....I want to do more but am so exhausted. I too went back to work after 2 weeks and have a desk job but man all I want to do is lay down....I am even eating real food + a Protein shake at night. Today for lunch I am having a 1/2 of salad with no croutons, an some chicken.

LRG how have you been able to get past being so tired at work? Also I caught a nasty cough thats been handing on for over a week straight...its chest congestion and man I cannot sleep which makes this all worse.

How are you doing? Do you have any nausea?

For excercise I try just to move every day...even if its just walking the dog around the block- just anything.

Whats your real name because LRG doesn't sound good it sounds like LARGE and you are looking so good.

Anyway lets keep in touch and encourage one another ok?

Warmest Regards,

Debbie

Hi Debbie!

My name is Lesia and yes, ALL I want to do is lay my head down..It has been rough at work even though I have a desk job. I am three weeks out as of yesterday and I am eating some solid foods but not much. I drink my Protein Shake and of course Water but not getting down the 64ozs that I need. I try walking in my yard and up/down the hallways at work. That is about all I can do right now. I am not nauseated at all. I am sleeved for sure! I tried to eat some Vienna's last night and was only able to eat three..I guess that isn't too bad.. I am down to 210 and it is a slow loss for me..I actually think I prefer it that way because I have such a large stomach and know that the excess skin is going to be a problem. I would love to stay in touch..You can email me at lesiagrice@yahoo.com I don't get on this site every day..Just keep doing what you are doing!! Like I said earlier, I was told that the energy will come back! I am praying it will...Take care, Lesia

I am 2 weeks and 2 days out. I am getting my Protein and fluids in, but have no energy. I am sure it is lack of carbs. I am taking B-12 to help, but still am having trouble. My calories are still low most days too. I'm sure it will get better, but my nut said not to exercise much until it does. She said I just didn't have the excess fuel for exercise. It slows the weight loss down some, but this isn't a race. It's a new body we have to adjust to. Good luck to all. I hope this helps someone!! God bless.